Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New proud owner of an EcoChic (Inferno/Earth).

Lovely automobile. Beautiful lines, wonderful to drive, amazingly comfortable cabin. All in all a fantastic EV GT-style car.

No complaints at all so far, save for a slightly disappointing AM reception in the vehicle, compared to my previous daily ride. Local dealership/service seem to be really great too.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
1,183 Posts
skywalker said:
New proud owner of an EcoChic (Inferno/Earth).

Lovely automobile. Beautiful lines, wonderful to drive, amazingly comfortable cabin. All in all a fantastic EV GT-style car.

No complaints at all so far, save for a slightly disappointing AM reception in the vehicle, compared to my previous daily ride. Local dealership/service seem to be really great too.
Welcome to the club! Post pictures!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
166 Posts
Looks Awesome...Welcome to the club!

Wow...looks like Fisker has fixed the panel gap issue by the rear wheels as well!!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,975 Posts
Grebechini said:
Looks Awesome...Welcome to the club!

Wow...looks like Fisker has fixed the panel gap issue by the rear wheels as well!!
Indeed!
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
1,183 Posts
skywalker said:
Luke,

Your car is beautiful, and I enjoy your blog. Great stuff.

As you read around these forums you'll discover that most of your experiences and issues have been seen before, and there are some suggestions and workarounds. You should poke around the forums here and become friends with the Search function.

Two suggestions I'd like to make right away:

1) The auto-fold mirror option has been problematic. There is a software issue that can can result in the mirror motors not recognizing when the mirror is closed and they keep running. The result is that the mirror motors burn out. This is not addressed by 6.15 or the subsequent patches yet AFAIK, so the recommendation is to not use this feature for now. There are several folks on this forum that are no longer sporting their original mirror motors.

2) Your suggestion that there are race conditions in the Karma software has been the consensus opinion here as well. There are a few suggestions that folks have to help manage that. For one, many people follow a start-up sequence to allow the vehicle to single-task while it's booting up. Anecdotally, this seems to improve stability and reduce the incidence of issues. There's no one best practice, and several folks have a method that works for them. If you search the forums for startup sequence you'll find some examples. For me, I do this:

1) When I enter the car I wait for the welcome music to end and the dashboard to fully illuminate before doing anything
2) I then press the On button without my foot on the brake to engage accessory mode, and I wait until it's finished, including showing me the battery and fuel range remaining.
3) I then step on the brake, press the On button and enter Ready mode.

While it might sound convoluted in print, it takes only a few extra seconds and it seems to work for me. I use the time between 2 and 3 to put my seatbelt on anyway :)

Brent
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
LonePalmBJ said:
As you read around these forums you'll discover that most of your experiences and issues have been seen before, and there are some suggestions and workarounds. You should poke around the forums here and become friends with the Search function.
Thanks for the pointers Brent.

Yeah, I fully intend to spend more time browsing the couple of forums I've found. Takes time of course, but I'll shall be doing this and in the meantime I appreciate your specific responses.

Probably there's no obvious tool for this in the bulletin board software, but it might be nice to keep a list of reported issues that members can add to and increment or decrement a count on each item if they are experiencing a given issue. That would usefully help the community see which issues are very common, and which less so. Plus, any workarounds and other notes could be associated with each item. That's basically a public "bug parade" with voting and tech notes. If I get the (har-de-har!) I might whip up a quick web tool to do this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
216 Posts
skywalker said:
LonePalmBJ said:
As you read around these forums you'll discover that most of your experiences and issues have been seen before, and there are some suggestions and workarounds. You should poke around the forums here and become friends with the Search function.
Thanks for the pointers Brent.

Yeah, I fully intend to spend more time browsing the couple of forums I've found. Takes time of course, but I'll shall be doing this and in the meantime I appreciate your specific responses.

Probably there's no obvious tool for this in the bulletin board software, but it might be nice to keep a list of reported issues that members can add to and increment or decrement a count on each item if they are experiencing a given issue. That would usefully help the community see which issues are very common, and which less so. Plus, any workarounds and other notes could be associated with each item. That's basically a public "bug parade" with voting and tech notes. If I get the (har-de-har!) I might whip up a quick web tool to do this.
See top banner for the link to a Wiki for tracking software revisions/bugs. You'll need to setup a separate login.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top