Your car is beautiful, and I enjoy your blog. Great stuff.
As you read around these forums you'll discover that most of your experiences and issues have been seen before, and there are some suggestions and workarounds. You should poke around the forums here and become friends with the Search function.
Two suggestions I'd like to make right away:
1) The auto-fold mirror option has been problematic. There is a software issue that can can result in the mirror motors not recognizing when the mirror is closed and they keep running. The result is that the mirror motors burn out. This is not addressed by 6.15 or the subsequent patches yet AFAIK, so the recommendation is to not use this feature for now. There are several folks on this forum that are no longer sporting their original mirror motors.
2) Your suggestion that there are race conditions in the Karma software has been the consensus opinion here as well. There are a few suggestions that folks have to help manage that. For one, many people follow a start-up sequence to allow the vehicle to single-task while it's booting up. Anecdotally, this seems to improve stability and reduce the incidence of issues. There's no one best practice, and several folks have a method that works for them. If you search the forums for startup sequence you'll find some examples. For me, I do this:
1) When I enter the car I wait for the welcome music to end and the dashboard to fully illuminate before doing anything
2) I then press the On button without my foot on the brake to engage accessory mode, and I wait until it's finished, including showing me the battery and fuel range remaining.
3) I then step on the brake, press the On button and enter Ready mode.
While it might sound convoluted in print, it takes only a few extra seconds and it seems to work for me. I use the time between 2 and 3 to put my seatbelt on anyway