Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just about to import a Fisker Karma into the UK. Does anyone know if it's possible to change the mapping data from the US to UK/Europe?

Fred

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
Just about to import a Fisker Karma into the UK. Does anyone know if it's possible to change the mapping data from the US to UK/Europe?

Fred
The maps contained in the CIU are for the country is was meant for . You need to have a dealer either in the US or Europe download the 510 software . It can be done in the US before the car goes overseas

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The maps contained in the CIU are for the country is was meant for . You need to have a dealer either in the US or Europe download the 510 software . It can be done in the US before the car goes overseas
Thanks for the info Harleyguy, problem is I'm not getting it directly from a Fisker Dealer, just a normal Car Shop. Is it something that anyone can do, or must it be a Fisker dealer?

Fred

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
It'll require someone with the dealer tools/software to program it. I sent you an email as well about it.

·
Registered
546 Posts
@Fred Crook: I'm in the U.S. and bought my Karma from the dealer here in Los Angeles, so my Karma came equipped with the appropriate mapping software. However, I found the navigation system so cumbersome, so confusing and so generally irritating to use that I abandoned it completely.

I use a smartphone application called Waze (shout out to SoCalGuy who first posted about it here on fiskerbuzz). Waze is easy to use, *always* takes me by the most efficient routes (it uses social networking in a really creative way to determine which route will be fastest) and is a free download. I'm guessing Waze works in the U.K. If I were you, I'd recommend going that route and forgetting the Karma's navigation system altogether.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have not used Waze so I cannot comment on it. I use Navigon app and have been very pleased. I have not only used it in North America but also downloaded the Europe maps and have used it in Europe mainland and in Iceland...worked great!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi think I'll give it a try. It will still be better to load the software into the car, in case I decide to sell it in the future.

Thanks for the information.

Regards Fred

·
Registered
272 Posts
She yells at me like my wife does.... Turn NOW!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
@Fred Crook: I'm in the U.S. and bought my Karma from the dealer here in Los Angeles, so my Karma came equipped with the appropriate mapping software. However, I found the navigation system so cumbersome, so confusing and so generally irritating to use that I abandoned it completely.

I use a smartphone application called Waze (shout out to SoCalGuy who first posted about it here on fiskerbuzz). Waze is easy to use, *always* takes me by the most efficient routes (it uses social networking in a really creative way to determine which route will be fastest) and is a free download. I'm guessing Waze works in the U.K. If I were you, I'd recommend going that route and forgetting the Karma's navigation system altogether.
Waze is very good - had used that until Google released its updated Maps for the iPhone - that is now my go-to nav system (and as someone mentioned, Google just bought Waze so improvements to come!).

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
I have no problems with the NAV except for the fact that there are so many new roads being built here in Huntsville, AL, that the database seriously needs updated which I am guessing will never happen. Where is the database even stored? My 2013 Subaru Crosstrek uses an SD card that I can update on my laptop.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I have no problems with the NAV except for the fact that there are so many new roads being built here in Huntsville, AL, that the database seriously needs updated which I am guessing will never happen. Where is the database even stored? My 2013 Subaru Crosstrek uses an SD card that I can update on my laptop.
its stored internally in the CIU. The CIU is updated with a USB stick inserted in the center console along with the scan tool.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I may be off thread here but this is closest I could find. I am trying to change home state from Fla. to NY and cannot find the correct way to do it. Manual is useless. Can anybody help?

·
EX:Shadow/Canyon #324
1,217 Posts
I may be off thread here but this is closest I could find. I am trying to change home state from Fla. to NY and cannot find the correct way to do it. Manual is useless. Can anybody help?
I have the same problem. Somehow mine got changed from CA to AL. Help!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts