Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all other things being equal, if you were purchasing a Karma again today, would you be more inclined to purchase one with a higher production/VIN number because you would expect it to have a better build quality and be more reliable?

If so, how low into the production numbers would you be willing to go?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Sounds like you are on the verge of buying, WF! I had the same debate and concluded that YES, there have been hardware changes over the past 6 months that give an advantage to recent builds. No one knows exactly when each of these changes was implemented though, and besides, VIN number is not an accurate reflection of build date, as has been noted in this forum earlier. So: if everything else is equal, choose the higher VIN number. If it's a big difference in color preference, price, etc. then consider not worrying about VIN number.

·
EX:Shadow/Canyon #324
1,217 Posts
The body panel fit in the trunk area and front fascia is definitely better on the more recently built cars.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@drliu: I am *the* most indecisive human on the planet. So I may buy one next week...and I may stick my toe in the water 1000 times before I finally take the plunge. I do like the Karma very much. I've just got to make sure it is the right car for me as I'm also considering a Tesla Model S. But it will definitely be one of those. No more pure ICE cars for me!

@dennis: Yes, I agree with you that the more recently built cars have better body panel fit. In general, none of the body panel fit issues bother me terribly except for the front fascia where it meets the hood and the front quarterpanel. It seems difficult to find a car that has just the right fit in that area. It bothers me so much I just might choose the car based less on color/trim and more on how well the fit is in that area. I just hope that if I get a car with a good fit there that it will remain a good fit and won't be subject to any sort of buckling/deformity

Thanks for your opinions!

·
Registered
223 Posts
My honest opinion after reading most/all of your posts WF: go for it. Also the much longer delay till you could get a model S is also a consideration. A year of enjoyment opportunity cost is significant, no?

Weird Fishes said:
@drliu: I am *the* most indecisive human on the planet. So I may buy one next week...and I may stick my toe in the water 1000 times before I finally take the plunge. I do like the Karma very much. I've just got to make sure it is the right car for me as I'm also considering a Tesla Model S. But it will definitely be one of those. No more pure ICE cars for me!

@dennis: Yes, I agree with you that the more recently built cars have better body panel fit. In general, none of the body panel fit issues bother me terribly except for the front fascia where it meets the hood and the front quarterpanel. It seems difficult to find a car that has just the right fit in that area. It bothers me so much I just might choose the car based less on color/trim and more on how well the fit is in that area. I just hope that if I get a car with a good fit there that it will remain a good fit and won't be subject to any sort of buckling/deformity

Thanks for your opinions!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts