Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I contacted the original owner of my Karma yesterday in hopes he could answer a few questions I had about the car.
Unfortunately he could not answer my questions, but he did indicate that he still had the level 2 charger (at least I think it's a level 2) and offered it to me for $500.
Turns out he only owned the car for 3 three months before trading it in for a Aston Martin, bet he's regretting that now! ;-)

Can you identify this charger? And if you have an opinion I'd like to hear it.

Thanks,
Special K

Attachments

·
Registered
320 Posts
i would suggest you buy a new one. I have a Schneider EVLink 30 amp, 240V wall charger that works great, and it's only $548 at Home Depot.

·
Registered
211 Posts
The charger the original owner is offering to you is an Eaton Charger, and the exact same one is made by Eaton. It is a good charger. I have one and it charges the car in 4.5 hours. I'd say $500 is a bit too much. $400 would be a bargain, $450 would be a good deal. Buy it.

·
Registered
289 Posts
i would buy a cloud connected charger like the Chargpoint home, ClipperCreek HCS-40, JuiceNet™ Edition or Juicebox Pro 40 (i own a Pro 40..)

·
Registered
304 Posts
I would buy anything new....at least you have a warranty! Which we don't have with the car....better than nothing.... what if you buy a 2 or 3 year old charger and it dies in a week?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I bought it....

Thanks for the replies guys.
I pulled the trigger and bought it from him last night for $375 plus $65 shipping. (CA to VA via FedEx)
It had only been used for three months, so its practically new still.

I'll report back once its installed and I'm using it.

Special K

·
Registered
211 Posts
That's a bargain price, anything $400 and below for the Eaton charger, which you got is a bargain.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts