Votes: 23 79.3%
  • Not at this time

Votes: 6 20.7%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's show the World how we feel about Fisker and the Atlantic. I'm in for 2 of these:

·
Registered
264 Posts
After seeing the Atlantic at the design studio it's a definite yes!

·
Registered
546 Posts
Ira, I hate to make this a poll-by-committee, but you need two other possible responses on your 'Would you buy an Atlantic' poll, and those are:

"No, because I love my Karma too **** much!"

and

"Yes, because I love my Karma so **** much!"

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
That design is so beautiful, that even if it only had a battery and an electric motor, I'd consider it. I'm not saying the Model S is as mundane as people want me to believe, but this is such a step up from that, certainly. Don't you agree, Doug?

·
Registered
66 Posts
the rims are not really good looking compared to the beautiful ones from the the Karma. Fisker can do better although Henrik no longer on board.

·
Registered
92 Posts
That design is so beautiful, that even if it only had a battery and an electric motor, I'd consider it. I'm not saying the Model S is as mundane as people want me to believe, but this is such a step up from that, certainly. Don't you agree, Doug?
As a plugin hybrid, the Atlantic would be best compare to BMW i3 or i8 and not the Tesla Model S.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Those BMW concepts are most likely nowhere close to what the actual car will look like. The Atlantic will look like its concept, if it ever makes it.

I voted I'd buy one.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Images for the "near production" versions of the 2014 i3 and i8 are out. The primary difference is they lost the transparent door panels, as you'd expect.

·
Registered
996 Posts
I would rather push an Atlantic prototype around vs buying any other comparable car. Once you drive a Fisker it is hard to go back to anything else. I have never spent so much time just staring at a car (Karma, Atlantic, Sunset, not so much the surf).These cars unbelievable; I probably have wasted hours just staring at the different shapes, contours and surfaces of the Karma. Its hard to explain to other people this feeling. You could be having the worst day ever and when you see your Fisker sitting in the parking lot among a bunch of soul-less clone cars you realize how special these cars really are.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I would rather push an Atlantic prototype around vs buying any other comparable car. Once you drive a Fisker it is hard to go back to anything else. I have never spent so much time just staring at a car (Karma, Atlantic, Sunset, not so much the surf).These cars unbelievable; I probably have wasted hours just staring at the different shapes, contours and surfaces of the Karma. Its hard to explain to other people this feeling. You could be having the worst day ever and when you see your Fisker sitting in the parking lot among a bunch of soul-less clone cars you realize how special these cars really are.
ROGER THAT SMOOTH! Bravo Zulu!;)

·
Registered
996 Posts
The way car design works is one auto manufacturer rips of another auto manufacturer designs and everything looks similar; the whole industry shifts a certain way and all cars share similar styling attributes. The Model S for example could be mistaken for a Kia, Hyundai, 5 year old Jaguar XF among other vehicles. It is very unlikely someone will mistake any Fisker for a Kia etc. Car is beautiful today and will be beautiful 20 years from now. Most of these people on these blogs, Youtube, Tesla Motors Club forum etc have never even driven a Fisker Karma. They read a few lines in some magazine and think they are an expert and pile on the Karma. Sure there are exceptions but the vast majority of Fisker haters do not know what they are talking about.

Sad that they are trying to kill Fisker so that we can have more crappy looking Kia clones on the roads. That is what the "experts" think we need I guess.

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
I agree. I'd by one. I think Hyundai already used the wheels on one of their cars. I vote for a different wheel. But I love the lines and the 5 passenger seating!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Personally, I think all the cars look the same now because aerodynamic. They all have to go through the wind tunnel design one way or another.

And here are few more reasons.

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
I voted "No." Not because I don't like the design, but because I really like the Karma's massive and robust drive train and getting a simplified drive train with just one motor and a smaller battery seems like settling for less.

Of course, if Atlantic was the only choice because the Karma was no longer supported but the Atlantic was, I would choose to get the Atlantic as the replacement for my Karma.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
At this point, approximately 80% of us would buy the Atlantic. That's a great show of support for Henrik's advanced hybrid technology and visionary designs. It makes me wonder if Model S owners would also buy the Model X. (I hope so since pure EVs provide a strong incentive for improvements in battery and charging technologies, a good thing for all of us.) Perhaps someone here would like to do a poll on the Tesla site.

In another thread, "Does your significant other drive your Karma?" The 80% figure shows up again. Eighty percent responded "No" or "Once or Twice," and the remaining 20% said that their partners (like Fab's spouse) drive it regularly. This suggests that we Karma owners want the Atlantic for a family member. Someday we may be asking the corollary question: "Would your husband/wife/son/daughter allow YOU to drive their Atlantic?" I have a feeling the answers will be interesting.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts