Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
read the manual and it says fisker wall charger needs 6 hours comparing to 9 hours for the
portable charger you get with the car.

Is it fiskers own wallcharger you see in the manual?

is it worth getting here in europe? i mean we have 220v directly and in my country you
pay the same for electricity disregarding what time you use it

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
I think that it depends on how fast you want to be able to charge. If 9 hours will meet your needs, I wouldn't spring for the charger. But if cutting a third off that time is worth the cost of the charger, then it would probably be worth it to you.

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
EVer1 said:
I think that it depends on how fast you want to be able to charge. If 9 hours will meet your needs, I wouldn't spring for the charger. But if cutting a third off that time is worth the cost of the charger, then it would probably be worth it to you.
I have found that the charging time claim for the portable charger is longer than advertised. The US portable charger is supposed to fully charge the battery in 12 hours, but I have gone 15 hours without getting a full charge. The Blink charger, on the other hand, very consistently charges my car in 5.5 hours, which is faster than the claimed 6-7 hours for the Fisker wall charger. If you can actually get a full overnight charge through the portable charger, then you don't really need to pay more for the big charger.

I would consider getting a second portable charger so that you don't have to keep packing and unpacking the one in your trunk.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i was planning on charging at work so 8 to 10 hours. Does fisker have an own wallcharger?

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
Michael said:
i was planning on charging at work so 8 to 10 hours. Does fisker have an own wallcharger?
In the US, Lear used to make a Fisker branded 220V charger but recently Fisker switched to Eaton as its preferred provider in the US. You can read about it in more detail in this thread.

Not sure about which brands, if any, Fisker supports outside US. In theory, any charger that is SAE J1772 Level II compliant should work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts