Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my Karma on Friday and overall was very pleased with the condition! One mechanical problem though - It doesn't always go into reverse. Sometimes it takes several attempts to get it to recognize that the button is pushed and for the car to go in reverse. It seems to be getting a bit better as I drive the car more. Has anyone encountered this issue and if so, what did you do to correct? I am guessing it has to be a bad switch or relay but being a new Karma owner not sure if there are any tricks or tips before I start to troubleshoot on my own.

·
Super Moderator
30 Posts
I got my Karma on Friday and overall was very pleased with the condition! One mechanical problem though - It doesn't always go into reverse. Sometimes it takes several attempts to get it to recognize that the button is pushed and for the car to go in reverse.
irarref215 has been making several good Fisker related videos on his Afternoon Garage youtube channel. I think one of his episodes might be related to what you describe, though it looks like a laborious fix.

Fisker Karma: Shifter control fix [4K] Ep67

Aluminum can Beverage can Drink Gas Audio equipment

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
irarref215 has been making several good Fisker related videos on his Afternoon Garage youtube channel. I think one of his episodes might be related to what you describe, though it looks like a laborious fix.

View attachment 14509

View attachment 14509
Thanks - The car sat for awhile and so far reverse has been the only challenge and it seems to be working a bit better so use may be cleaning the contacts via contact and with any luck it will self correct. If not - Video shows me the step by step if I need it. I had come across his videos but this one wasn't listed on his playlist so will need to look a bit more carefully and also join his Facebook page. Thanks again for the great lead!

·
Registered
18 Posts
My ears were catching fire here. Sounds like your car is doing exactly what mine was. Has been a couple months since the fix and it sure works great now. I remember a few years back on this forum that there were people that were having this problem and the CSPs were replacing the switch. I added that video to the Afternoon Garage Fisker Karma playlist. Thanks for the heads up! It looks difficult but really isn't that bad. Good luck to you and your Karma!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts