Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

For about a week now, the car won’t go into drive and defaults into neutral and the dash says there’s a parking system fault. I then have to unplug the main switch under the hood wait a while and pray the car will go into drive, which still doesn’t always fix it. Then, about a week ago, l got a limp system fault showed up with the flashing battery sign. And to make matters worse, the car won’t take a charge. When plugged in, it makes the noise that the battery is connect and shortly thereafter clicks off.

Any help / input would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi Everyone,

For about a week now, the car won’t go into drive and defaults into neutral and the dash says there’s a parking system fault. I then have to unplug the main switch under the hood wait a while and pray the car will go into drive, which still doesn’t always fix it. Then, about a week ago, l got a limp system fault showed up with the flashing battery sign. And to make matters worse, the car won’t take a charge. When plugged in, it makes the noise that the battery is connect and shortly thereafter clicks off.

Any help / input would be greatly appreciated!
two seperate issues are reported.
the first "parking system fault" has to do with a bad switch near the drive motors. the switch is only accessible by driving the driver motors in the rear. If you do this you should also have the drive splines replaced to bullet proof the drive gears.
Second, the battery pack has to be dropped and the number 5 contactor has to be replaced. All three jobs should be in excess of $10,000 USD

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much for the information! Although the cost of the work isn’t good news, I’m glad l now know what I’m dealing with. Thanks again.

two seperate issues are reported.
the first "parking system fault" has to do with a bad switch near the drive motors. the switch is only accessible by driving the driver motors in the rear. If you do this you should also have the drive splines replaced to bullet proof the drive gears.
Second, the battery pack has to be dropped and the number 5 contactor has to be replaced. All three jobs should be in excess of $10,000 USD

1 - 3 of 3 Posts