Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
If it stays like that for four or more hours, you need to seek expert technical assistance immediately. :D

Sorry, I know this does not help, but could not resist.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Fab, you would not be so glib if your wiper got stuck in the upright position. This could cause permanent, serious damage to his Karma.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
You could of course force it down, but then it might never come back up again.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Never suspected that a post about wipers could have such a double meaning.

Anyway, lets hope they can fix it rather quickly (still waiting for an answer) otherwise, although a quite small piece (no pun intended), it will make my car rather useless.

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
Question what position is the right side in ? It might be simple repair the wiper arm is held on by a nut remove the black cap over the nut see if the nut is loose . Wiper arms are made to come loose if snow accumulates on the windshield so the wiper motor doesn't bun up .If the wiper is loose make sure the other side is in the park position move the wiper arm down until level and tighten the nut .

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The right wiper goes up (until about 90°) but then doesn't go down again. It gets stuck at about 60°. This of course while the left hand side wiper goes to park position. The next cycle the wiper then start from that 60° and goes up to 110° (until it hits the A-pillar)...

Although November seems to fall in May this year here in Belgium, we didn't have any snow (yet?), but I had my Karma (manually) cleaned this weekend. Maybe they forced the arm in the process of cleaning the windscreen?

Anyway, I will try to fix that nut (yet again no pun intended)

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
It's possible that the wiper arm backed off the post a bit. It's also possible that something is stripped out under there and not hooking up correctly. A small flathead screwdriver is enough to pull up the black cap. The nut holding it on is a 15mm. Please let us know what you find.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Macnax, in a serious vein you have hit the nail on the head. Many of us are not mechanically inclined, and never had any intentions of tinkering with our cars. Most dealers won't even look at them let alone repair them.
So a small issue such as your wiper gets blown up way out of proportion and causes real angst for the owner.
If you look at the thread that I posted 2 weeks ago about not being able to start up my Karma, and thought I would need a new battery or have a permanently inoperable vehicle, you get an idea of what we are all up against. Think, that most owners don't want to come to grips with this problem, so therefore you see many more posts about Elon Musk and Tesla or Justin Beiber, than you do about the sustainability of our beautiful Karmas.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So I put on my mechanical hat this morning, pulled away the black cap, tightened the nut and hooray... the wiper is working again.

So apparently it can loose. Was it not tight enough from the factory, was it while cleaning, I don't know, but at least I got it working again.

Thx Lormax and Harleyguy for the tip.

·
Registered
859 Posts
So I put on my mechanical hat this morning, pulled away the black cap, tightened the nut and hooray... the wiper is working again.

So apparently it can loose. Was it not tight enough from the factory, was it while cleaning, I don't know, but at least I got it working again.

Thx Lormax and Harleyguy for the tip.
Great news! Always make sure your nuts are tight.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Did I say something funny?

MACNAX had an upright washer and Lormax and Harleyguy told him to tighten his nuts. Great advice, I thought, especially since the tip was outside the box.
From what I hear, it's safest to always keep the tip outside the box.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts