Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't want to hijack someone else's thread, so I figured I'd start my own.

What do you guys do for winter tires? I'm in North Carolina, and last year we had 3 pretty big snow storms (with ice), and I'm pretty sure the stock summer tires are going to be pretty much useless.

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
Try searching for "winter tire" (include the quotes).

·
Super Moderator
1,183 Posts
Driving on snow with the summer tires is an invitation to crash. There are plenty of horror stories and cringe-worthy photos elsewhere in this forum. On the other hand, the car on the winter wheel and tire package seems to do quite well in the snow.

Not that it's not just a "snow" issue though, when the weather is cold ( <= 40 degrees F or thereabouts) the summer tire performance is poor even on dry roads. The rubber compounds were not designed for cold weather application.

As you search the forums as Fab suggested you'll see lots of perspectives from people in northern climes.

Brent

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After doing a bit of research, I think it'll be cheaper for me to buy a 4x4 junker for the winter, and just park my Fisker in the garage when it's < 40! LOL

I kid, but for real, I need a truck to haul kayaks and bikes around, anyway, so... :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts