Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Coming in April
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
5 Karma's 1 Mission. Drive from southern California to northern Minnesota for winter testing new wiring and various 'under the skin' sub systems and software. Brave people with gorgeous cars. No trailer queens here !
More pics to follow.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Hope they tested the temperature damper in the HVAC while there. I'll guarantee at least 1 of the 5 drivers has cold feet, lol.
(I couldnt resist)
Something old Fisker didnt test well enough...cold climate performance, nice work. Thanks for thinkin of us Northerners

·
Registered
304 Posts
Had -22 last week in Michigan - I had it out all day. Tires skipped like crazy - heat was fine.

·
Coming in April
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually they will be burning hot on one side and freezing cold on the other side .
This was indeed a recognized problem that we are addressing. Don't know yet if we can make a retrofit solution, but it is definitely on the drawing board.

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
This was indeed a recognized problem that we are addressing. Don't know yet if we can make a retrofit solution, but it is definitely on the drawing board.
I don't believe it's a hardware issue its another software issue. The command and actual position of the DMM motors aren't in sync or the software is commanding the wrong position of the DMM motor causing the DMM motor to overextend the vent position shade then the shade rips . We had the same problem with Volvo but they didn't use a fabric shade .

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Yes I also reported that to them. Many times it sticks when the damper closes fully when you turn car off. Then it sticks when you start car cold it is frozen shut

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
Have same problem with my car..
I remember on the Fisker scanning tool was error message on the hvac . some thing like no communication between the hvac and software

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
If you have a early Vin that's the reason why you can't view software level or communicate with the HVAC module . If your not having a problem with the HVAC unit you can have the new HVAC computer installed .

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I always advise customer to replace HVAC control module with latest hardware which is flashable then you can communicate with scan tool and calibrate the Damper motors. See how that works. Its not real expensive to try. It fixes some of the issues.

·
Registered
334 Posts
NICE PICTURES, im not sure if you guys aware of THE (Auto Guide) AG FREE app for iphone
will make it easy on the road to post and upload pictures if you have iphone .

·
Super Moderator
1,183 Posts
Those pictures make me feel cold and warm my heart at the same time :)

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Final pics of this test run
Great photos. What's with the gigantic antenna on the top of the White Karma in this photo?

Also, did you experience any TPMS failures from the cold weather? Before I put away my Karma for the winter, I drove it in 20F temperature one day and the "low pressure" warning light came on on the dash even though the tires were are the right pressure. It may be coincidence, but I wondered if there was a lower limit for the TPMS sensors.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts