Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
2012 Fisker Karma #1030
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe this is an odd question, but I get the impression that many people do not drive their Karmas very much. It seems a badge of honor for some that their Karmas are low mileage. Given the depreciation on these cars (for all the obvious reasons), I find it hard to believe that people are trying to preserve some sort of value.

Please tell me that these mileage misers are in the minority and there are plenty of people that are fully enjoying their cars (and give us all confidence in the longevity of these masterpieces)!

Simon

·
Registered
886 Posts
Yes, it's an odd question.
No doubt... Drive it!!!

It's my daily car since 2012, while my other cars gained less than 2000 km, each.
Absolutely no reason to let it sit in the garage.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I don't drive a lot, but I love to take my Fisker when I do. I cannot understand people (like the guy recently selling his in Calgary on this forum) who had his car for 3 years, drove it only 4000 miles, and let it depreciate more than $50K. Who are you saving those miles for?!! It's nuts! I got my car with 2K miles on it for $55K. And, even with that, I'm not saving the miles for anybody else!!!!! :D

·
Registered
913 Posts
I don't always drive a car, but when I do, I prefer my Karma.

:D

Seriously, I drive it 42 miles to and from the San Jose office pretty regularly.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
I always drive my Karma, unless I have kids and dogs with me.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I don't think people "choose" not to drive many miles, I think they have other vehicles for certain uses. My Karma is still my go-to on many days, but realistically I just don't drive that many miles (retired). When I am going on long trips to the mountains, etc, the family SUV gets the most miles. The rest of the time the Karma has to share time with other cars in the garage.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I drive my Karma about 1/3 of the miles that I used to put on my Panamera Turbo. I defer to my other cars when long road trips are required and I don't drive it in the rain - not because I care about getting it dirty but because Cherry Hill is pretty far from Michigan and I would rather keep the wear and tear to a minimum. But I have started driving it more and if it break just fix it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yeah I would have to say maintenance and design flaws are a big reason I don't drive it that much. It rains quite a bit in the Puget sound and there are no dealers close. The last thing I need is to have water flow into the CIU and cause permanent damage by daily driving. With the closest CSP now in Canada, the risk is not worth the reward for daily driving. Now if I lived in FL or the Bay area, I would be asking the same question as the OP.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I am a daily driver to and from work and on the weekends. I have taken out on long trips but not always. I often take another car when going on a road trip, mostly due to luggage space. I love my Karma and plan on keeping it for the long term. Mileage does not matter to me.
Keep driving your electric rear engine off.......

·
Registered
829 Posts
my karma is a sunny day weekend car and i plan to keep it that way.
That's why it's nice to live where it's sunny 300+ days a year!

I don't take mine out when it rains either. Not so much because I'm worried about the CIU, as I don't want the hours to get it back to the level of clean perfection I keep it in. I only went out in a serious rain once in six months -- because I had jury duty, and my wife needed her car. They kept us in there for 2 hours while it poured outside, and then announced we could all just go home because they had settled/plead all the cases. I was "Lucky thing for somebody, 'cause I'd have voted your ass guilty just for making me bring my car out in this!!!" :mad:

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
I drive mine to work every sunny day and on Saturday it's not unusual to fill the back seats and trunk with stuff from Costco.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Its my daily driver as well, despite having plenty of other toys I could drive. I drive it in the winter snow as well as the rain. People forget that ultimately, the Karma is a car, and cars should be driven not left as garage queens. For those people who need to be obsessive about keeping it in perfect concours condition fine, but to me, seeing a classic car (which the Karma will undoubtedly become) with the telltale marks of being driven and enjoyed is much more welcoming to see. The car can always be repainted. Dr. Simeon, of the Simeon museum in Phila. takes this approach to heart - his collection of notable race cars is fantastic, and they have been left in the condition they were in when they stopped racing.

I say drive it! Life is to short to wait for only sunny dry days.

·
Early Adopter
1,255 Posts
Its my daily driver as well, despite having plenty of other toys I could drive. I drive it in the winter snow as well as the rain. People forget that ultimately, the Karma is a car, and cars should be driven not left as garage queens. For those people who need to be obsessive about keeping it in perfect concours condition fine, but to me, seeing a classic car (which the Karma will undoubtedly become) with the telltale marks of being driven and enjoyed is much more welcoming to see. The car can always be repainted. Dr. Simeon, of the Simeon museum in Phila. takes this approach to heart - his collection of notable race cars is fantastic, and they have been left in the condition they were in when they stopped racing.

I say drive it! Life is to short to wait for only sunny dry days.
Life is short so as franky says, "do it your way"

·
Registered
320 Posts
It's always a tough choice on what to drive any day, but the Karma is one of the closest to the garage doors (because that is where the wall charger is!).

Of course, I've been driving electric cars all my life.... nothing new here! Still drive them with any young visitors to the garage...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts