Votes: 24 85.7%
  • No and I will be selling my 2012 Fisker Karma

Votes: 2 7.1%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Liked, but not well liked
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The purpose of this thread is to find out how many 2012 Fisker Karma owners will be purchasing a Revero.

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
Can't answer the question until the question until it is revealed.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Same here, although I am hoping to keep my Fisker Karma as long as possible.

·
Registered
888 Posts
It won't be available for us Europe customers, so I will let you guys iron out the baby stuff 🐷

·
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well from what little we know... it will basically be the same car at 135k

New infotainment, some quicker charging, new harness etc (at least this is what the interviews and execs have said publicly).

I voted option 1 because we need a car for development purposes. Plan is to be able to get Revero parts and retrofit them to 2012 Fisker Karma.

·
Early Adopter
1,259 Posts
I plan to wait for the Sunset or Atlantic and based on what KA does for the FY2012 owners. My purchase (goodwill) will be premised on KA goodwill towards FY2012 owners in the form of support: to Joe and Adam, CIU updates ( either internally or thru open source to people like @powersoruce) and continued commitment to what the KARMA represented. I have nothing but praise and admiration for KA for how they began this journey from the ASHES of Fisker, but for the last 6-8 months , I see a re-direction of glitz and fanfare like we saw with Henrik - that not a positive direction from when they started -- so i hope my skepticism is un founded, but my gut tells me otherwise. I plan to keep my FY2012 on the road for as long as Fisker of Cheery Hill support the car, and powersource continues to provide upgrades, otherwise i'll keep the car as art work -- who knows, in 25-40 years from now, my kids may be able to make a buck on it ;-) LOL

·
Deep Ocean in ATL
436 Posts
Unless there is a significant advantage, I can't see spending $135K for the same car I have. My Karma is operating well and with the latest software and other "fixes" thanks to Karma Automotive for assisting. After having a Tesla X for 4 months, it makes me painfully aware of how much advantage Fisker/Karma lost in the 5 years of re-grouping. The Karma is an innovative vehicle for its time.... however, in 2016 terms it is far behind all 100K+ vehicles being produced. It is not just a CIU issue, it is acceleration, navigation, ride quality, phone interface, software updates, etc.

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
I'm willing to bet the car will be close to $165K and for the most part it will look like the present model . They can only make certain changes to the car to avoid DOT testing costs

·
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It won't be available for us Europe customers, so I will let you guys iron out the baby stuff 🐷

Will europe be getting 3 phase charging? if not you guys will be limited to 16A single phase which is the same as the current car...

·
Registered
888 Posts
Will europe be getting 3 phase charging? if not you guys will be limited to 16A single phase which is the same as the current car...

Not sure, what the problem should be. We can have up to 32A at a single phase or 63A at three phases, right now.
Most houses are prepared to get such installations, some have to get an upgrade from 40A to 63A

·
Registered
859 Posts
The purpose of this thread is to find out how many 2012 Fisker Karma owners will be purchasing a Revero.

Do you think KA will accept trade-ins?

·
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Do you think KA will accept trade-ins?

According to owners who have inquired about the Revero that is an unlikely scenario unless through private party dealers.

More sellers than buyers and I guess I am the only buyer. WOW very interesting results!

·
Premium Member
2012 Fisker Karma #1030
380 Posts
From my perspective, I have a fully-functional 2012 Karma (touch wood that continues) with a two-year KA warranty on it - I have no motivation (or desire) to sell my lovely car privately and then take a $80k hit to buy a very similar car. When my warranty is up, I may think again but for now, what's the point?

No doubt that is the rationale (or similar) for most of the 20 votes above.

KA's market has to be new buyers - maybe they have misjudged the current owner base; we love our cars, rather than the brand and primarily want a mechanism where our cars can be looked after. Brand loyalty is going to take a while to establish.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts