Fisker Buzz Forums banner

Where is the 12V Battery???

23K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  Lormax 
#1 ·
I was trying to look for the 12v Battery but could not find it, does anyone know where it is located at???? Thanks

#10 ·
IGNORE THE PURPLE LINE.

Connect the positive on the left side where the red line is circled. That's the fuse box. Open the box up, you'll see a metal post. Positive goes there.

Connect the negative to the far right where the red line is circled over there. There is a bolt there, just next to the red plastic piece. That's a good negative.

Again, IGNORE THE PURPLE LINE.

#11 ·
Hello!

I have storaged my new Fisker Karma for about 2-3 months in my garage. I noticed that the 12V battery was empty and I charged it with normal 12V wall charger as instructed in this discussion earlier. Today I noticed that the 12V battery was well charged and I tried to start the car and following problems appeared.

When I start the car from the EV button, system get up but made many warning.

First the driver screen asked to calibrate the brake so I made as instructed. After this no more this warning.

Driver's screen indicated warning "Park system fault". The gear shift was on N and didn't allow me to choose P, R or D. I tried to shut down the car but driver's screen said to shift parking gear P before leaving the car, but gear shifter not work. Driver's screen also had engine warning icon on.

Middle screen also made following warnings:
"High Voltage Battery failure", Take Vehicle to Service Center"
"Key FOB Battery Low, Replace Key FOB Battery or Take Vehicle to Service Center"

Gasoline indicator indicated empty fuel tank even I am sure the tank is has fuel for sure.

I tried to lock the doors with key but also this didn't work.

I think I should restart the car electric system or maybe you experts have some other idea. It is hard to belive the HV battery has some problem.

I left the car in my garage with HV charger on.

I wish you guys understand my problem explanation and can support me.

#12 ·
After loosing 12 volt power you need to cycle the emergency brake that's done by placing your foot on the brake pedal and engage and disengage the parking park switch .You also need to run the power windows all the way up and hold the up switch for a second or two. If the 12 volt battery is fully charged you might want to try and do a hard reset.You might also consider buying a trickle charger so this doesnt happen again

#13 · (Edited)
speaking of the Varta Battery. We have the same battery in the Lotus Evora - almost everyone in the Lotus community have switched this 40lb battery to a Lithium Ion Iron Phosphate batteries that weight less than 5lbs. I use this one:

http://shoraipower.com/lfx36a3-bs12-p126

if you live in a cold environment - i would not change the battery to a lithium Ion battery like the one above - in really cold weather it does not perform well

originally i bought two of them and wired in parallel - but I have had only one in it for over 2 years now. It has the same properties as our HV battery. One of the great things about it - is that it keeps its charge - I have left the lotus for 6 weeks with no trickle charger and had no problem starting right up. Obviously it weigh less which on the 3000lb evora matters more than the 5400LB Karma.

I wonder what the parasitic loss is for the Karma.

On another note - I would love to start a "weight loss thread" - what can we do to realistically reduce the weight of the karma.(no I am not changing the roof)

My first thought would be lighter weight rotors. and unsprung and rotational mass. given the weight of the car I wouldn't want to mess with the wheels, and i am sure the tires are pretty light weight as is.

i once heard that for every 20 lbs of unsprung weight reduction, you may apply a "theoretical" gain of 17 horsepower. and that rotational mass reduction would be even more

just curious

#15 ·
I found from the other thread the instructions for hard reset. All problems are solved now. Thank you for all the information. In the future when I store the car longer periods I will use 12V maintenance charger.

This seems to be very useful forum for Fisker owner :)

Just for information, I have a new Eclipse Fisker with Monsoon Tritone interior.

#18 ·
The internet is absolutely awful where I'm at, otherwise I'd do the Search for you. Please search for trickle charging on the forums yourself. This has been talked to death on the forums and I've posted a diagram as to how to hook up the trickle charger.

I'm sorry, I can't view the link you posted. When you do the search, you'll find links to other recommended trickle chargers as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.