Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've discovered that I have a slow leak in the passenger rear tire. Considering everything else about the car is so unique...

Is there anything I need to know before taking it to a tire shop (Monday) and having it either resealed or plugged?

·
Deep Ocean in ATL
436 Posts
Check the manual for the jacking instructions. There are specific places to put the jack on the car frame to make sure there is no damage to the car or the alum frame.

Don't assume the shop knows how to jack the car. Take the book with you and make sure they place the jack or lift correctly. As a cosmetic note... make sure they remove the lugs with a hand ratchet, and torque the lugs to spec when replacing the wheels.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Nope, nothing special to know.

How many miles on your tires? If more than 5,000 miles, I would just buy 2 new rear tires as opposed to patching/sealing. 2 Goodyears won't set you back too much...$380 on this site:
http://www.goodyear.com/en-US/tires/search/2012_Fisker_Karma_EcoSport

If the tires are less than 3-5,000 miles, then you could probably get away with just 1 new tire.

Why mess around?
i agree with sandy .. SAMS CLUB HAS THEM you will get 80$ instant rebate from Goodyear per set offer will expire august 10th .. around 165 $ per tire out of the door include installations taxes and Sams club include ROAD HAZARD insurance for free
i ordered 2 sets

1 - 4 of 4 Posts