Fisker Buzz Forums banner

What would (have) Steve Jobs drive?

5K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  8AVGMPG 
IMHO, Steve Jobs would be able to do what I wish I could do: buy one of each, rip out the power train of the Tesla and transplant it into the body and chassis of a Fisker Karma, combining the elegant simplicity of the Tesla drive with the beautiful design and handling of the Karma.
The Tesla drive is not as elegant as you think. I would say it is marginally better than the Karma with regards to packaging. The rear sub-frame on the Karma is packaged pretty well- although everything is cast. Pulling out a subframe on a Karma is much easier, ditto for the battery.

Induction really does not make sense in a serial hybrid drive-train (extra components needed DC-AC etc). In theory it sounds good but the Tesla technology does not really mesh well with the Fisker serial hybrid concept.

My dream Tisker would be a 85 KWH BEV, like the Model S, not a serial hybrid.

Where would the extra batteries go? in the engine bay?

My dream Karma would have a removable solar panel (can replace with clear glass, open, or solar) and that is about it.

You are better off buying a bottom of the barrel Model S and tinting the windows.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.