Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured out I can now leave the car on (Green light on) and lock all the doors and it will keep the car warm with all 4 seat warmers going. So now I go shopping and come back to a warm car. Also makes the tron noise. So the car is consuming a fair bit of power with the daylight lights on/ tron sound and seat warmers, what happens when the HV battery runs out of juice?

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
I'm thinking you won't be able to drive the car at that point, but that's just speculation. My gas fueled car says its outta fuel but still goes a few more feet before it gives up the ghost.

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
I figured out I can now leave the car on (Green light on) and lock all the doors and it will keep the car warm with all 4 seat warmers going. So now I go shopping and come back to a warm car. Also makes the tron noise. So the car is consuming a fair bit of power with the daylight lights on/ tron sound and seat warmers, what happens when the HV battery runs out of juice?
Have you tried measuring the power usage in this mode? You should be able to see the actual energy being used in real time on the energy flow screen:

At the bottom of the screen, under the word "Stealth Mode" is a bar showing how much power is being drained from the HV battery, with an actual numeric indication on the right side of the bar. The picture above shows -1KW being used. This means that if you have a full HV battery, it will take about 16 hours to get the HV battery down to 15% and would not go below that level. I am not sure if the ICE would turn on at this stage or not.

Another experiment would be to note the time and the range miles left when you leave the car parked for a short while, and see how many range miles have been lost when you came back. A simple calculation would then tell you how long you should be able to leave the car in ACC mode with the seat heaters on before the HV battery shuts itself off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts