Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started hearing a strange grinding noise every time I turned left for the first time this morning. With images of bad wheel bearings, struts, bushings, and other very expensive parts dancing in my head, I took a look in the wheel well, and to my enormous relief, I saw a pair of vents, one in each front wheel well, where one of the louvers has broken and bent back into the path of the tire. Each time I turned the wheel, the plastic louver made contact with the tire and made the horrible noise. Here are photos of the vents:

Left Side​

Right Side​

It's easy enough to cut out the plastic piece sticking out of the vent, but do these vents have a real purpose and should I replace them? They look easy enough to replace, if I can get replacement parts.

Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
The is in the inner wheel liner it lets air flow travel across the low temp radiators only way to fix is to replace the wheel arch liner or remove the broken piece and live with it.The reason those come loose when you run over a curb and it pulls on the bumper the clips that hold the liner to the bumper pop out .

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
The is in the inner wheel liner it lets air flow travel across the low temp radiators only way to fix is to replace the wheel arch liner or remove the broken piece and live with it.The reason those come loose when you run over a curb and it pulls on the bumper the clips that hold the liner to the bumper pop out .
Thanks. I think I will just remove the broken louver and live with it. I don't think removing the broken louver is going to have a huge impact on the airflow.

Updated to add: A pair of tin snips did quick work of the louverectomy, and no more rubbing noise. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I actually have a scrap mark on my tire that went in pretty deep, could u post a picture of your tire if it has a mark on it?

@icediggity1 I checked my front tires and there does not appear to be a gash on either side. The plastic is pretty stiff but it can flex so the tire appears to just rub against it without much damage to the tire.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts