Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Carved - Karma bites back
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just informed you guys about issues with my car. That is why I regard my karma at this point as dead money.

I hope after the BK that they will reinstate the Warranties and my car can get fixed without any extra costs. If not I hope the necessary parts become available and that my car can be repaired.

But what happens with our cars if the do not restart production?
Is it worth keeping the car as an investment towards the future? Only 3000 cars are sold worldwide so it seems this car can become a collectable or not?

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
Actually fewer than 2000 cars were sold (about 2650 cars were produced and 330 of them were lost to Sandy, a few hundred sit as new inventory in Europe, etc).

If your Karma works well, keep driving it. If its fixable at reasonable cost, get it fixed. Enjoy the car today - the money you spent is already sunk capital so best to enjoy it! If the Karma appreciates in value over time, great - but that's not why I bought either of mine!

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
I just informed you guys about issues with my car. That is why I regard my karma at this point as dead money.

I hope after the BK that they will reinstate the Warranties and my car can get fixed without any extra costs. If not I hope the necessary parts become available and that my car can be repaired.

But what happens with our cars if the do not restart production?
Is it worth keeping the car as an investment towards the future? Only 3000 cars are sold worldwide so it seems this car can become a collectable or not?
Has the problem been diagnosis yet

·
Registered
199 Posts
There are roughly 180 Fiskers in The Netherlands and a handful in Belgium. For those who are not familiar: The Netherlands is the size of Maine, Belgium half of it. From where the dealer is in The Netherlands to the Belgium border is 100 minutes by car or so.
I am sure some one will be able to run a business maintaing 200 Fiskers.
It will no be cheap. On the other hand, the fiscal advantages we have in The Netherlands by driving low emission cars is enormous.

·
Registered
6 Posts
@Flying Dutchman
Great that your fournisher has taken his responsability. Then we have already a solution to have a maintenance of the car, even if we have to pay for it. We shall be able to drive. Only to Hilversum it will be a little bit longer then 100 minutes as the roads to Amsterdam are mostly crowded. But nevertheless we can oversleep.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts