Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the handful of persistent bugs with 6.15 is that the Bluetooth audio controls don't work half the time in my experience. The audio will always play through the car's speakers if I manually start it on my iPhone, but the track advance/back and the play/pause controls, either using the command center buttons or the steering wheel control, do nothing about 50% of the time. I *think* that when the bluetooth controls does not work the contacts list is also not able to download (you get the "Address book downloading in progress" message forever), so I suspect that when the Bluetooth audio controls do not work, it is a symptom of other Bluetooth problems as well.

Each time I start the car I experiment with the procedures that correlate with working or not working bluetooth audio controls. For a while I thought that starting the car in ACC mode and touching nothing until the clock appears would ensure that Bluetooth controls work properly, but recently I had a couple cases where this wasn't the case.

Maybe you can't even put your foot on the brake? I already have observed that releasing the parking brake appears to mess things up if the car is still booting up. For example, I could reproducibly induce a "PARKING SYSTEM FAULT" error if I released the parking brake then adjusted my seat position while in ACC mode, which causes a constant beeping tone. Shutting down the car completely and restarting it fixed the problem.

I hope that 6.20 makes this kind of experimentation and very finicky, unreliable procedures needed to minimize bugs a thing of the past. When I am getting in to the car, usually I really need/want to just get in and drive, not fiddle and hope that everything works!

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
I have the same issue.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Your problems may be specific to the IPhone. I have a bluetooth Droid II Global and the controls work fine and consistently. Sometimes the address book does not upload, but even then the phone still works fine.
The other issue is sometimes there will be a loud crackling noise during conversations...

Buck

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
SoCalGuy said:
I have the same issue.
I use mainly the steering wheel mounted controls when using BT audio and my experience is that the skip forward/back controls are very sluggish and do not respond to a momentary flick but if you hold them for about 1/2 second they respond. I have never had them completely non-responsive, just slow. My guess is that the time it takes for the command to make it through the car's network to the Audio system, get through the BT stack, then received by the Iphone/Ipad and converted to a local command, makes it look like there is no response. Either way, it's annoying and needs to be improved.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies, everyone. The bug for me at least is definitely not just a 1/2 second hold/lag time for Bluetooth track advance. When it's working I agree that the steering wheel switch requires more than a momentary press. But when it's in "not working" mode, no amount of holding the switch will change tracks. And the proof that it's not working is that none of the Bluetooth audio buttons on the control center screen will work either.

It could be that the BT protocol used by the Karma's software isn't as robust as it could be, and iPhones are especially prone to this bug. From combing the forum it's clear that several 6.15 drivers are experiencing the same bug.

Let's hope 6.20 puts Bluetooth bugs to rest once and for all.

·
EX:Shadow/Canyon #324
1,217 Posts
drliu said:
It could be that the BT protocol used by the Karma's software isn't as robust as it could be, and iPhones are especially prone to this bug. From combing the forum it's clear that several 6.15 drivers are experiencing the same bug.

Let's hope 6.20 puts Bluetooth bugs to rest once and for all.
I have been using BT audio with my iPhone and 6.15 for the past several days and the controls are working fine.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I am on 6.15 and have the same issues. controls work half the time with my iPhone and don't do a thing half the time. Hopefully 6.28 will address this...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts