Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, just got the car last night and after making fun of my husband for hitting the concrete parking blocks, I did it! Last night, and even this morning, the front sensors actually picked up the blocks at the office. Unfortunately, after one short beep this afternoon, the front end actually got stuck on one that had a screw sticking up and pulled off the driver side bumper a little. Was able to clip it back on after getting the screw out next to the headlight. However, I cannot get the bottom metal piece back into the fender. To get to the closest dealer is an hour away. Any suggestions? :(

Oh, and I will be backing in from now on!

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Backing in can be just as bad, I've repaired a half dozen torn rear diffuser panels and bent traction motor skid plates. Back is no easier on the parking blocks unfortunately lol

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Backing in can be just as bad, I've repaired a half dozen torn rear diffuser panels and bent traction motor skid plates. Back is no easier on the parking blocks unfortunately lol
Great...has anyone ever successfully put a camera in the front and been able to hide it from being completely visible? Or at least looking bad?

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
When you back in you have a camera. As you back in, when you see the concrete barrier disappear out of view under the car, stop. That how you know you're parked perfectly.
When pulling in front first, pull in slowly. You will hear beeping as you approach the barrier, then it stops as the beam goes above it. That's where you can stop, or you can pull forward about 6 inches or so. Try it. I've done this for the last 3 years now.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the suggestions. I am bringing it this morning to see if the local body shop in town can do a quick fix. Nothing is broken, but it needs to be popped back into place and the pins replaced. I did take pictures of the stake sticking up out of the block so I am going to contact the building owners to see if their insurance will cover any of it. If they will, then I will see about the paint. From now on though I will make sure I follow all of your suggestions!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Ty to return that car with all your issues within the first 24 hours - the instant you damage or paint it - you own it!

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Fyi dont wreck the front bumper or it'll be a looong winter for ya.
no bumpers left to be had. Harleyguy and I each have a waiting list of cars down waiting for bumpers.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fyi dont wreck the front bumper or it'll be a looong winter for ya.
no bumpers left to be had. Harleyguy and I each have a waiting list of cars down waiting for bumpers.
Luckily, it looks like there is one small crack by a pin underneath the front, but other than that, the bumper is fine. Got a quote from the body shop yesterday for $67.70 to take the bumper off and put it back on properly. ALOT less than I had anticipated, but it seems to be just a matter of popping it back into place and placing new pins in it. I will heed your advice and watch my parking from now on! Unfortunately, I live in the #1 county in the country with the highest age per capita so I cannot guarantee others driving habits. I will try to stay off the road though during Early Bird special time! ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts