Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Fisker Driver
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now to be fair, I feel I drive the best car in the world. The Karma still gives me everything I bought it for each time I drive it. I am getting a wee bit concerned about the future availability of service on the car though. With the dealers closing and less then promising news of the company's viability, I would very much like to be able to trouble shoot the car if something goes wrong. Yes, yes, yes... even with the high voltage etc... It's a car. It's not nuclear physics. I would like to make a formal request to Fisker to please provide a detailed shop manual to each and everyone of it's owners. These are perhaps the most forward thinking, courageous and loyal customers a company can have. I am proud to be among them.

Best wishes to us all.

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
Now to be fair, I feel I drive the best car in the world. The Karma still gives me everything I bought it for each time I drive it. I am getting a wee bit concerned about the future availability of service on the car though. With the dealers closing and less then promising news of the company's viability, I would very much like to be able to trouble shoot the car if something goes wrong. Yes, yes, yes... even with the high voltage etc... It's a car. It's not nuclear physics. I would like to make a formal request to Fisker to please provide a detailed shop manual to each and everyone of it's owners. These are perhaps the most forward thinking, courageous and loyal customers a company can have. I am proud to be among them.

Best wishes to us all.
I concur and join your request. But the manual is not enough.

The diagnostic software used by the technicians is a necessary tool and is bespoke to Fisker. Even with a manual, there is not a whole lot you can do without the software. That software should also be made available in conjunction with the manual.

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
dont forget the $10k scan tool otherwise the software is useless
what other sources of revenue should fisker give us for free?

I don't expect them to give us stuff for free. Just make it available at a reasonable price. I would fully expect to pay for a Chilton's manual or a OBD2 scanner, so I don't have an expectation for Fisker to give stuff away for free either.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
What would you want to see in the manual? Keep in mind that the high voltage system in the car has the potential to do some real serious harm to someone that mishandles it even once. Personally I don't know too many Prius owners doing a lot of work on their own cars.

·
Fisker Driver
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I probably wouldn't go poking around the high voltage necessarily, however, if Fisker cannot obtain funding or develop a viable financial relationship, we should have a full manual, if only to assist an auto technician helping us out in the future. Or, if the ICE needs some help, or the lower voltage electrical systems get a bug, many of us, I suspect, are quite handy and could handle most issues if we knew how to safely remove panels etc...

And, again I echo Fab's post. No one is asking for "free" stuff. However, if Fisker doesn't survive, IMHO we are definitely owed some semblance of future resources to keep our chariots running. And coughing up the actual shop manual (not a Chilton equivalent) and the software for a decent scan tool doesn't seem overwhelming to me. I'm certainly hoping Fisker is not relying on us buying repair manuals and tools to keep them viable. If so, I fear we will need them even sooner.

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
An alternative might be to form a company, made up of Karma owners, and hire one of the terrific techies who share insight with us on the forum. Between the 1500 or so of us in the US we might be able to afford the techie, fly him/her around to centers of Karma population and keep our Karmas on the road.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
If things go south, anyone here is welcome to contact me. PM me anytime for email address and other contact info.

·
320 Posts

Best wishes to us all.
All the "know how" is useless without the parts to go along with the repair. I REALLY hope that the remains of the Sandy damaged cars were kept and could be used as a parts source. The photos show several new cars that were only partially damaged.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
You took a really brave decision!
Or...
The last sold Karma, I heard of, went to HF himself...

Stefan
German Karma Forum
www.karma-forum.de

·
Registered
479 Posts
I'm new to this (only have my Fisker for a couple of days now...), but here is a link where one can buy all info...
https://techinfo.fiskerautomotive.com/fisker/
Wow, you're not kidding. "Buy" is the operative word here.

Don't even bother registering. There is not a shred of useful information available to you after registering. You are asked to pay handsomely for all information.

I plugged my VIN into the recall campaign lookup and it was "not found". Very reassuring.

I wonder if this is just some kind of scam.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
You took a really brave decision!
Or...
The last sold Karma, I heard of, went to HF himself...

Stefan
German Karma Forum
www.karma-forum.de
Actually - there is a guy on the forum who is picking up the last Laguna/Black from Santa Monica today. I'll let him announce - but I'll call him "Mr. X" for now.

What's fun for me is that I know the last 3 Laguna / Black buyers from Santa Monica (maybe anywhere?) ...

Me, Henrik Fisker, and Mr. X

1 - 20 of 46 Posts