Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new warning sign this morning turned into a flashing "Ready" display however the car will not go into gear. It's DEAD in my driveway. Car is fully charged. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How do you hard reboot? And I have read all the stuff in the forum about software versions but I'm not sure how to determine definitively what software release I have.

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
I would try plugging it in and unplugging it again to see if it forgot to sense that it is unplugged, based on your symptoms.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Search the forums for instructions on a hard reboot and pics, basically there is a bundle of wires and connector under the hood, right next to the right front wheel well. Unplug the connector, wait a minute and plug it back in. Make sure your car has been locked with the keys far away for at least 2 mins (and the gear selector light has turned off) before you do this. The car will reboot when you reconnect the power.

·
EX:Shadow/Canyon #324
1,217 Posts
Here is another photo of the connector:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Just in case the need ever arises, what and where do you need to push to defeat the locking mechanism in the connection?

·
EX:Shadow/Canyon #324
1,217 Posts
Karma31 said:
Just in case the need ever arises, what and where do you need to push to defeat the locking mechanism in the connection?
Push in the tab that is just above the yellow line in the pic above. You have to wiggle the two ends of the connector apart, and they may not separate completely because of the tie wrap and the stiffness of the cable.

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A reboot brought it back to life. Thanks for the help. Still no idea what the original warning display was for. Spoke with local Fisker Dealer's smart service guy, he has been fighting the software wars since the first cars and said this was a new one to him.

As Alice says "Curiouser and Curiouser"

·
Registered
122 Posts
Did you do a hard reboot (unplugging the cable per above) or a soft reboot (shutting down the car for 2 mins+) to revive it?

I've yet to have a problem a soft reboot couldn't fix....knock on wood....

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
Always try letting the car go to sleep before doing a 12 volt reset .Also if you do a 12 volt reset don't forget to reinitialize the windows the windows again or they won't auto up or down

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hello
Today I started the engine and from 'P' PARKING mode to 'D' DRIVE AND 'R' REVERSE mode can't put it. I tried to push parking brake and push start buttom and also tried to push parking brake and press and hold P, R, N, D for 3 sec but nothing happenned.
at this time I am charging the 12 voltage battery.

another problem is I took my car for baseline 520 software update, but the check engine light is still on all the time, never disappearing.do you know what should I do? i did soft and hard reset as well but nothing changed.
any advice please? Fisker service doesnt know what to do .....
thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
located in Europe, i took my car to CSP location but they didnt know what to do . the next csp location is very far away,and i can't leave my car there for few days.
any other suggestion please?
thanks

·
Registered
99 Posts
will not go in gear to mve after starting

I had this occur twice or three times. Each time letting the car sit with it all off than starting car and it all worked. I have not had this occur again after the time it did it twice or three times in one weekend.
At one time it occurred with the charge door open but the second time was after filled the gas tank and can't recall the events concerning the third time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts