Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In a presentation to creditors, Wanxiang called VL the "soul of Fisker" and praised the company for building the "first true American luxury grand touring sedan in decades, the VL Destino."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/02/18/fisker-wanxiang-relaunch-idUSL2N0LN20J20140218

I am taking a guess that Wanxiang will build V8 for the US market while using the hybrid technology for China. That would make sense for the near future since every US luxury car maker is coming out with their hybrid versions.

Cadillac sold a whopping 46 ELR the first two months depsite coming out with a pretty decent ad.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Any evidence that this quote is for real? What say Valmet?
"Wanxiang plans to restart auto production in the coming months, first at Fisker's plant in Finland. After working through the inventory in northern Europe, it will begin to produce cars at VL's facility in Auburn Hills, Michigan. The company has also mentioned making use of the Delaware plant."

·
Registered
13 Posts
I really don't know how they could call VL the soul of Fisker. Nobody at VL knows anything about the car other than some technical documents that may have been handed over. We have yet even to see a running car from VL. If they want to make it work they will have to redesign all the wire harnesses breaks and parts of the interior and that has to be homologated and tested. I really don't even think they have a viable business model given the necessary investment required to make this work. It's not just a simple engine swap major components need a total redesign.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Let's hope they can make it happen. I have read statements they want to complete the Atlantic also. The car in many aspects is very complete but I would take the opportunity to make it even better, especially by harnessing WXs expertise.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts