Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Fisker NAV is terrible. The one on my Android phone is much better. I can give it addresses via voice. I can adjust its volume separately. The maps are clearer.

The phone and the Fisker already talk via bluetooth for the phone. So why not for the video and audio in an NAV app?

OK, I'll need an iPhone app programmer also, I suppose.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Karma373 said:
The Fisker NAV is terrible. The one on my Android phone is much better. I can give it addresses via voice. I can adjust its volume separately. The maps are clearer.

The phone and the Fisker already talk via bluetooth for the phone. So why not for the video and audio in an NAV app?

OK, I'll need an iPhone app programmer also, I suppose.
This actually already works, for voice only (you have to use the visual map on the phone). Just put the Karma's audio in "bluetooth". This starts the music player on the phone, turn the player off via Android touch-screen if you don't want that, or play John Cage's 4'33" in a loop. :D

There's a bug though, which is not in the Karma, it occurs whenever you use any bluetooth (such as a headset) to listen to the map directions: the Android app starts speaking right after it engages the audio-out, and bluetooth takes up to .5 second to negotiate before any sound comes out. This cuts off the first up-to-half-second or so of audio directions. For instance, when she says "In 500 feet, turn right" you get "-dred feet, turn right". Playing audio might maintain the bluetooth connection, so the John Cage trick might be the way to work it after all!

·
Registered
546 Posts
I've used the Karma's Voice Command System to give addresses to the Navigation System. I did find the Nag Lady's constant interruptions to be annoying. And the maps could be much clearer. But it got me where I was going.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts