Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
looks like warranty will not be honored?? I see comments related to batteries at cost, but full warranty doesn't appear to be there

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
There is no reason to think the warranty issue was even raised. I am happy to post the notice of agenda for the hearing on Tuesday - there are a log of issues that the court has to rule on - mostly surrounding the assignability of contracts and the cure amounts (a good faith purchaser in a BK sale has the right to have the contracts the previous entity entered into assigned to them as long as they cure (pay) any amount owed) - some companies are saying yes you can assign my contract but the amount of cure is incorrect, some companies are saying the contract can't be assigned (various reasons) - but no mention or discussion of warranty.

I know it's a sore point - the warranty - but to me the real issue is that they are going to produce cars and parts. The presentation said they should be producing cars by the second half of 2014. I know it may not seem like much but even offering parts and battery replacement at cost - is huge. And since they are battery manufacturer - I expect that cost to be "cost"

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Who would buy a car from a company that didn't fully honor and support the current cars on the road ? Chevrolet , Pontiac , Chrysler were all in Bk and still warranties the cars and still sell cars . To turn a current owner into a positive rather then a negative is very important in how future customers choose where to buy. Only 1841 cars on the road all needing support. We are a small drop in the overall picture but if that picture is clouded with hate and negative press it could affect the future cars ?

·
320 Posts
Who would buy a car from a company that didn't fully honor and support the current cars on the road ? Chevrolet , Pontiac , Chrysler were all in Bk and still warranties the cars and still sell cars . To turn a current owner into a positive rather then a negative is very important in how future customers choose where to buy. Only 1841 cars on the road all needing support. We are a small drop in the overall picture but if that picture is clouded with hate and negative press it could affect the future cars ?
Very disappointing to hear that parts would be supplied to us only at their cost. What about labor costs? I'm sure I speak for most Fisker owners that if full warranties are not restored, a future new Fisker is out of the question. If Wangxiang doesn't care about current Fisker owners, they will have no qualms terminating future warranties if financial difficulties arise. My expectations may be high, but if they want my future business, I also require reimbursement for all prior out of pocket repair expenses. The value of our cars increases in value by about 15K if full warranty if restored! Very bad press will be generated if we are short changed. Who's going to trust the brand ever again?

·
Registered
334 Posts
totally agree .. they had enough damage to the brand from the BK.. remember most of the 1841 car already have new updated parts paid off , I don't think will cost them that much to continue support them..
this they only chance they have to regain trust and faith in the brand..
unless they change the brand name ..

·
Registered
334 Posts
http://www.wanxiang.com/Wanxiang%20EV_general.pdf

as you can see from the link they already have brand/market in china low Smaller EV cars and buses..( probably adding Extended range mid size like volt in china using quantum power train)
Buying A123 and fisker Will help them enter the Luxury EV Market ( USA EUROPE and asia) parallel to Tesla ..offering NO RANGE ANXIETY an Extended range EVer .. a123 already making the battery for the BMW i8 and few other brands... and FISKER KARMA bring new dimension in design and AFFORDABLE luxury and its a ready on the road been tested most of glitches fixed so they have head start .. if they keep henrik as head of design keep him close, they will have good chance to succeed

·
Early Adopter
1,259 Posts
For starters, make the surf, sunset and a coupe version of the karma. The they can move to a four door Atlantic , unless it back seats are tight, then I would make a coupe version of the Atlantic and a 4 door variant surf/SUV style - like the concept picture shows - that would be a great line from two base platform. From the presentation the common frame can adapt to those body styles. They will also have to work hard to reduce or eliminate the noise from the ice when in operation , improve the battery range to 50miles or better and definitely get a better ciu. With looks, better quality and a little more performance, it think this phoneix can rise again.

·
Registered
192 Posts
"They will also have to work hard to reduce or eliminate the noise from the ice when in operation…"

I've seen other references to this noise. Could it be only on the earlier models? My number is 1401 and I can barely tell when the ICE is running. A slight shudder when it shuts down, but that's it.

·
Registered
185 Posts
i have 2 EC and ES both early vins 2XX AND 5XX
Both have new updated mufflers ...i realy cant tell when its on or off.. its very quite

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
"They will also have to work hard to reduce or eliminate the noise from the ice when in operation…"

I've seen other references to this noise. Could it be only on the earlier models? My number is 1401 and I can barely tell when the ICE is running. A slight shudder when it shuts down, but that's it.
I have two - an early build 5XX and a later build 16XX. The NVH profile is better in the later build but the ICE is still very audible and esp in sub-26 WOT.

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
The slide show looks more like an advertisement for VL. Has VL even built or delivered a car yet?
I have to laugh that the credit Bob Lutz with the Volt....yet he seems to hate the Volt and electric cars in general from his interviews I have read.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts