Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of us who live in warmer climates, we have to wait a couple of minutes for the fans to shut off before you can plug in the charger, otherwise the fans will never shut off. I found a new trick... turn off the A/C before you turn off the car.. If you are in stealth mode, the fans will shut off immediately. Mischief managed.

·
Registered
913 Posts
For those of us who live in warmer climates, we have to wait a couple of minutes for the fans to shut off before you can plug in the charger, otherwise the fans will never shut off. I found a new trick... turn off the A/C before you turn off the car.. If you are in stealth mode, the fans will shut off immediately. Mischief managed.
Yes, I've developed a shutdown sequence (and startup sequence too) to try to avoid all software glitches ... which doesn't actually work ;) but it does help with the fans: turn climate off, turn audio to aux (reduces but does not eliminate iPod hangs), and only then do the shutdown.

On startup: foot on brake, press start button, press AGREE, wait a bit, then page through system, phone, and audio screens; then put audio on iPod.

One other thing I have found: if you set the iPod on shuffle, the audio will cut out entirely when jumping around in the playlist. Pause the audio and resume and it will come back. Hope this is fixed in the March update (which I hope comes out in March...).

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
Since 510, I've never had to do any of the sequential shutdown/startup business. I simply shut the car off, start it back up again, hit agree and it takes me right back to bluetooth and the song that was playing.......I'm usually on shuffle and have NEVER had any issues, with both my iphone 4 and new iphone 5.

Also, I plug my car in in whatever state it is in, fans running or not.......I asked my mechanic at Fisker of OC before I started doing this, and he said this was OK.....

Just turned 7000k miles.....some minor pre 510 glitches......some scrapes below the front bumper painted.....a mashed wheel or two.....but love my Karma and is my daily driver

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
I have no sequence either. I just plug in at will and open trunk and doors whenever I need to. No issues with 510.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
I still wait for the car to sleep before plugging it in, and unplug first before opening doors, etc. but on several occasions when I have broken protocol, nothing bad has happened. I just consider it best practice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts