Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Pretty fugly if you ask me. Looks like a bad Chinese knockoff of the Sunset. Look at those panel gaps!!! The badging is horrendous and the color is terrible. Concept cars/show cars are supposed to look perfect - they have the benefit of being one-offs with hours and hours to refine.
Agreed, total disaster!
That what happens when you use "pimp my ride" level shop for the car.

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
They never fixed the same problem has the body fit the rear trunk is really bad . Maybe I should call them and tell them how to fix it . Take a good look and post what the car has that it shouldn't .

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Does it seem odd to anyone else that the Destino concept has the original gear selector from the concept Karma rather than the crystal pyramid of the actual production car?
Here is a drawing of Destio Concept's console, including the gear selector:

And here is the original Karma concept gear selector:

Bear in mind that the entire shifter is bolted to the console and does not move. The electronic selector is just the rotating tip of the handle part,

This is not back to the future, it's back to the past.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Socal said it best.....fugly....looks like a real piece, VL just needs to quit jackin w Fisker, these things look like Frankenstein

·
Registered
289 Posts
VL presented the concept sketches gear selector in an actual car, check the pictures from today, i wonder if that one moves:

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
VL presented the concept sketches gear selector in an actual car, check the pictures from today, i wonder if that one moves:
Judging by two tightly torqued screws at the base of the handle, I would think not. :confused:

·
Registered
854 Posts
As Fab said, that shifter is the original Karma design shown up through 2010 or so. It really is a stationary hand rest. The actual selector is rotary switch at your pinky. Very impractical design, which is probably why they changed it.

That Sunset Destino as appears to the original Nien Nunb dash.

Clearly they just retrofitted one of the Sunset show cars. I wonder if the power retractable hardtop still works.

·
Early Adopter
1,259 Posts
I so much wanted a sunset, but told it would not happen till 2015 -- in hindsight , fisker could of went the sunset router at a higher price point and could of built momentum - but that required vision and follow-thru, seems both were lacking from the management team

·
Carved - Karma bites back
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I agree Nin Ja. I would also have ordered an sunset for my wife

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
It's sad that it is no longer an Eco-friendly vehicle. But if you do a little research, you will find Bob Lutz doesn't believe in global warming. Bob... do you at least believe in pollution?

·
Registered
289 Posts
i don't believe in man made global warming either (check out the global warming of Mars over the years.. afaik there is no men there..)
Pollution and sustainable energy resources - for sure! but who will make the money year over year if it's so sustainable? ;)

For the auto industry, green cars saves greens to the owner, the Destino will not save any greens for sure.. it's twice the purchase price as the karma and the ongoing costs are gonna be 2-4 times more per mile.

·
EX:Shadow/Canyon #324
1,217 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
do you really believe NASA is telling the whole true? how about the NSA, IRS, USDA, are they super honest gov agencies?
Yeah the planet is warming, like any other planet in the solar system, up until now i have not seen a proof that it's due to human activities, but quite the opposite, humans have a way to block the sun and control the climate in a relatively small areas by spreading toxic heavy metal compounds in the sky (aka geo-engineering/chemtrails)
watch this:

·
EX:Shadow/Canyon #324
1,217 Posts
do you really believe NASA is telling the whole true? how about the NSA, IRS, USDA, are they super honest gov agencies?
Do you disbelieve that the concentration of CO2 in the atmosphere is 400 ppm? If not do you think it comes from an increase in burning hydrocarbons or an increase in cow flatulence? And WTF do NSA and IRS have to do with this?

I guess we really didn't land on the moon, NASA faked it. Just watch Capricorn One.

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
As much as it irritates me to have anthropogenic climate change skeptics out there (the level of annoyance is second only to those who think "irregardless" is a word), this discussion is quite off topic. Start another thread guys!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts