Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it's been a bit of a wild good chase and I ended up calling in some favours but at least the outcome is good! I didn't have any information on how Fisker Owners were to be treated with regards to our warranties so I posted on the forums for some help forming a committee. I later learned that a committee had already been made but I still wasn't sure what was going on so I proceeded to try and get new counsel. In the process these new lawyers were kind enough to do some initial work and even helped me fill out my Proof of Claims form. I tried to upload the forms but there is such a small limit on the size of the file that I can't do so, so if anyone wants to see them, just email me at [email protected] and I will forward it to them. In my opinion, everyone should file in their claim, there's nothing to lose and you have a right to be part of the process.

In the meantime, here are the instructions I received:

"Owners can use the attached two forms, one for each of the debtors. Owners need only to insert their names and addresses at the top and date and sign at the bottom. The other boxes about which you ask are not necessary for owners’ claims.

They should complete and sign both forms and send each original (and preferably also a copy of each original, together with a self-addressed, stamped envelope) to:

Fisker Automotive, Inc., et al.
c/o Rust Consulting/ Omni Bankruptcy
5955 De Soto Ave.
Woodland Hills, CA 91367

Faxes are not sufficient. The original hard copy claims must be received by the January 27 bar date"

The original committee did end up getting back to me and thanks to Grace who sent me the link to a document for the last Purchase and sale Agreement that actually provides something to Fisker Owners. It's not a lot but it's not too bad given the circumstances and there's a chance that it can increase with the bidding process. Again, because of the size limitation to uploads, I can't post the whole document but here is the paragraph on the warranty program:

"1.10 Limited Warranty Program. Buyer hereby assumes and agrees to honor the
obligations of Sellers under the Sellers’ limited warranties on “Karma” sedans existing as of the date
hereof in an amount not to exceed (i) $2,000 per each vehicle warrantied or (ii) $400,000 in the
aggregate; provided that, at such point in time when Buyer and its Affiliates have restarted
commercial production of the “Karma” sedan (or substantially equivalent model under a different
name) and upon the production of the 250th such vehicle, the aggregate obligation set forth in clause
(ii) will be increased by $1,000,000."

I would like to especially thank Grace, Mark, Fabulist and Sally for taking the time to participate on the calls and emails back and forth. I can't wait to meet more Fisker Owners in person!

Cheers,

Pat/Hockeydad

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Thanks for all of the time and effort on this, in behalf of all Karma owners. It turns out Karma owners are not only eco and style conscious, we are also generous. Not a bad combination.

·
Carved - Karma bites back
79 Posts
They go out this evening

·
320 Posts
Well it's been a bit of a wild good chase and I ended up calling in some favours but at least the outcome is good! I didn't have any information on how Fisker Owners were to be treated with regards to our warranties so I posted on the forums for some help forming a committee. I later learned that a committee had already been made but I still wasn't sure what was going on so I proceeded to try and get new counsel. In the process these new lawyers were kind enough to do some initial work and even helped me fill out my Proof of Claims form. I tried to upload the forms but there is such a small limit on the size of the file that I can't do so, so if anyone wants to see them, just email me at [email protected] and I will forward it to them. In my opinion, everyone should file in their claim, there's nothing to lose and you have a right to be part of the process.

"Owners can use the attached two forms, one for each of the debtors. Owners need only to insert their names and addresses at the top and date and sign at the bottom. The other boxes about which you ask are not necessary for owners’ claims.

They should complete and sign both forms and send each original (and preferably also a copy of each original, together with a self-addressed, stamped envelope) to:

5955 De Soto Ave.
Woodland Hills, CA 91367

Faxes are not sufficient. The original hard copy claims must be received by the January 27 bar date"

The original committee did end up getting back to me and thanks to Grace who sent me the link to a document for the last Purchase and sale Agreement that actually provides something to Fisker Owners. It's not a lot but it's not too bad given the circumstances and there's a chance that it can increase with the bidding process. Again, because of the size limitation to uploads, I can't post the whole document but here is the paragraph on the warranty program:

obligations of Sellers under the Sellers’ limited warranties on “Karma” sedans existing as of the date
hereof in an amount not to exceed (i) $2,000 per each vehicle warrantied or (ii) $400,000 in the
aggregate; provided that, at such point in time when Buyer and its Affiliates have restarted
commercial production of the “Karma” sedan (or substantially equivalent model under a different
name) and upon the production of the 250th such vehicle, the aggregate obligation set forth in clause

I would like to especially thank Grace, Mark, Fabulist and Sally for taking the time to participate on the calls and emails back and forth. I can't wait to meet more Fisker Owners in person!

Cheers,

Pat/Hockeydad
$2000 is pocket change. I've spent twice that already and have at least $8-10k in the near future to spend (bad cells and lots of little issues). I wouldn't accept that offer at all. It's crap. Why any cap at all?? If that's all we get, It 'll be sure to deter future Fisker buyers.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know it's not much but think of it this way... unsecured creditors are getting virtually nothing and even senior creditors are getting pennies on the dollar. Whoever the new buyer is, they definitely should think about the media reaction owners can issue and who knows maybe they increase the cap in the next bid... we can only hope and stay vigilant as a group. There's a ton of information we have here collectively and the new buyers should be aware of this and be willing to work with the owners to get all of the valuable street data that we have.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Used Karma?

Hi, I recently bought a used Karma from a private party. Could anyone tell me if I should fill out the forms for future claims or is it only for the original owner?
If it's for the original owner ill certainly tell him to try to get some of his out of pocket expenses covered. Thanks for the opportunity whichever way this goes for me!

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Sent mine out! thanks for the help!

·
Registered
8 Posts
For all german owners we do not understand it exactly. could it be possible to get a copy of one completely signed version. So we can fill our formulars the same way.... Thx

·
Registered
3 Posts

5955 De Soto Ave.
Woodland Hills, CA 91367

Cheers,

Pat/Hockeydad
I've spoken to both founders, Henrick and Barney. Fisker plans to relaunch within the next two months. They intend to honor the warranty for each of the 1841 Fiskers on the road. I didn't discuss any reimbursement plans.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I hate to take this thread off topic, but many of us have found it necessary to repair our Karmas during this time that almost all of Fisker's dealers stopped servicing the cars. I wonder if the new company will try to use that as an excuse to dodge paying for warranty claims?

·
Carved - Karma bites back
79 Posts
What is the issue if wanxiang wins?

My karma is at the dealer. Hopefully it gets fixed next week. This dealer is fisker certified and uses fisker parts which are delivered by Nelleman so I do not see any warranty issues.

I just do not believe they are going to reinstate warranties whatever Henrik and Barney state. Are they so trustworthycat this point seeing what happened with the company the last 2 years?
I hope warranties will get reinstated but i do not think so!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've spoken to both founders, Henrick and Barney. Fisker plans to relaunch within the next two months. They intend to honor the warranty for each of the 1841 Fiskers on the road. I didn't discuss any reimbursement plans.
Yeah... I wouldn't believe a word from either of them.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Mine went out certified mail this morning, along with the self addressed stamped envelope copies, just in case. I have yet to hear back from Sunni on those details, so thanks for everyone's help with the form information. -Alex

·
Registered
45 Posts
Sent mine out today. Thanks to "hockeydad" it was a quick and simple procedure. Hope that the large response from all the members here will help!

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
I sent out the original forms back in December, Is there any reason I should fill out these forms as well? I have my copy back from the court.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Warranty form

What's the consequence if we only now read this and did not send that form in?

How do we go about getting warranty service and/or reimbursement?

And what's the update on the restart by Henrik that someone wrote about in March? Was that prior to the purchase by the Chinese?

Thanks!

·
EV Enthusiast
110 Posts
Got this email from the New Fisker Team today:

We hope this email finds you well.

As you may be aware, Fisker Automotive & Technology Group, LLC is finalizing a program to assist Fisker Karma customers with repair services.

Our files indicate you are one of the Fisker Karma owners who filed a claim during the bankruptcy proceedings. In order for us to best assist you with the program, we kindly request your vehicle VIN number and the name of the original Fisker retailer where you purchased your Fisker Karma. This information will enable us to provide valuable program details.

In addition to the above requested information, please forward any updates in address and/or phone number if you have relocated since your original purchase.

Thank you. We look forward to the opportunity to assist you with the customer support program.

Sincerely,

The New Fisker Team

1 - 20 of 21 Posts