Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Given the issues with pay for warranty service etc, I'm going to avoid using the valet with my Karma - too many things can go wrong with an inexperienced valet. Curious if anyone here has had problems with using a valet in the past.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I never trust a valet with any car...well, a rental-car is fine. Slip the guy a Jackson and ask him to let you park it yourself out front.

·
Registered
99 Posts
All you guys must be othe ones that dont let your wife or friends drive your car either. Every time I have let an valet park the Karma, or my race ready 930, they generally are so tweaked that they park it right out front anyway. They are cars after all. Its not like you are driving a Bugatti, and its Ferris Bueller's day off. Dont let these cars become garage queens.

·
Registered
479 Posts
All you guys must be othe ones that dont let your wife or friends drive your car either. Every time I have let an valet park the Karma, or my race ready 930, they generally are so tweaked that they park it right out front anyway. They are cars after all. Its not like you are driving a Bugatti, and its Ferris Bueller's day off. Dont let these cars become garage queens.
Hardly...I've let countless acquaintances and friends drive my cars and filmed them doing so (videos on www.youtube.com/urgetodrive).

Valets though, they're clowns.

·
320 Posts
Yes, I don't let anyone else, including my wife, drive my Karma.

Given the probable lack of replacement exterior parts, you would have to be a fool to let a 17-25 year old stranger drive this car. I used to be a valet as a teen, and I have first hand experience. The valet parkers I worked with could car less if they scuffed a wheel, bumped another car or dinged your car with another door. I have had at least one car damaged by a valet; unfortunately not noticing the damage until the next day. Unlike you, there are car owners whose Karma is the most expensive car they have owned, so it is essentially their Bugatti. You remind me of another (grown up version of the Ritche Rich comic book character) forum member.

·
Registered
99 Posts
My Karma is the most expensive car I have ever owned, and I am not a richie rich guy as you suggest. All I was trying to say is that if you spend your days worrying about all the possible bad things that could happen, then you are going to not be able to enjoy life as much as other people.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts