Fisker Buzz Forums banner
161 - 167 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think the easiest (OK, relative term here) way to execute this is to essentially get a full donor car and then essentially take the drive train, electronics, etc. of the donor car and put it into the Fisker. My idea is to purchase a salvage Fisker and then a salvage 6spd manual Ford Mustang (5.0 or bigger) and combine the two vehicles. Ford Mustang would be 2019 or newer and have electronic dash to somewhat match style of Fisker dash. Removal all the batteries, motors, etc., and you now have a transmission and driveshaft tunnel to get power to the rear, and replace rear motors with Mustang rear suspension assembly. You can get salvage Mustangs pretty easily, just looking for the right Karma to try this. Thoughts?

·
Registered
10 Posts
With the appropriate amount of time and money, you can pretty much do anything with the car. I know everyone hates on LS swaps, but it's really small given the OHV configuration and it is a lot better than the earlier small block Fords or Chevys. If by 5.0 you are talking Coyote, you will likely struggle to make it fit with the DOHC layout and with the aluminum frame up front, ups the ante in terms of skill to make the necessary mods.

Another option could be to put the transmission and differential unit from a Pontiac Solstice/Saturn Sky and use the GM 2.0 turbo engine that's in the car already. The car overall could be made light enough to make the 300-350hp you can achieve with that powerplant acceptable under most circumstances.

A key would be to define "what do you want to achieve?" If you want a Fisker that goes like a V10 M5, you're going to have to dig a little deeper.

·
Early Adopter
1,259 Posts
With the appropriate amount of time and money, you can pretty much do anything with the car. I know everyone hates on LS swaps, but it's really small given the OHV configuration and it is a lot better than the earlier small block Fords or Chevys. If by 5.0 you are talking Coyote, you will likely struggle to make it fit with the DOHC layout and with the aluminum frame up front, ups the ante in terms of skill to make the necessary mods.

Another option could be to put the transmission and differential unit from a Pontiac Solstice/Saturn Sky and use the GM 2.0 turbo engine that's in the car already. The car overall could be made light enough to make the 300-350hp you can achieve with that powerplant acceptable under most circumstances.

A key would be to define "what do you want to achieve?" If you want a Fisker that goes like a V10 M5, you're going to have to dig a little deeper.
the KARMA Veloce project (putting Camaro drivetrain) is just a fun project and a means to an end - get good looking never titled karmas a new life. putting 12 of these cars in an ICE configuration is a work of passion not of speed but of art. I think the original Karma was a novel effort by Henrik, but poorly executed. But the design was a work of art. in hind sight the karma should of been either all electric or complete ICE, we have found some never titled stock and we are going the ICE route since Karma Automotive and Fisker Inc is going full electric - there is room for all.

·
Registered
3 Posts
the KARMA Veloce project (putting Camaro drivetrain) is just a fun project and a means to an end - get good looking never titled karmas a new life. putting 12 of these cars in an ICE configuration is a work of passion not of speed but of art. I think the original Karma was a novel effort by Henrik, but poorly executed. But the design was a work of art. in hind sight the karma should of been either all electric or complete ICE, we have found some never titled stock and we are going the ICE route since Karma Automotive and Fisker Inc is going full electric - there is room for all.

Putting the finishing touches on mine here soon. This has been a MASSIVE project and not for the faint of heart. But, GM powertrain is the way to go.

Full disclosure, this car was a basket case and un-saveable to keep electric.

-Tim

·
Early Adopter
1,259 Posts
Putting the finishing touches on mine here soon. This has been a MASSIVE project and not for the faint of heart. But, GM powertrain is the way to go.

Full disclosure, this car was a basket case and un-saveable to keep electric.

-Tim
View attachment 14499
Tim, how did you handle the electrical harness - did you link us the KARMA codes or re-write the CAM commands? Hoe easy (or hard) was it ?

161 - 167 of 167 Posts