Fisker Buzz Forums banner
141 - 160 of 167 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
As an fyi, I've been toying around the idea of doing it with our owner. He's got several spare vette drivetrains from his scca car(and the $ to pay me) and loves neat stuff like this. But until its more than a thought, my lips are sealed..
Wish I knew of a good donor car :p

·
Registered
59 Posts
As an fyi, I've been toying around the idea of doing it with our owner. He's got several spare vette drivetrains from his scca car(and the $ to pay me) and loves neat stuff like this. But until its more than a thought, my lips are sealed..
joe
think
that 60k # is about right for a conversion?
more/less?

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
First one would cost more then progressively less for subsequent conversions. An LS9 is $23k by itself just for the engine. It would take me months to retrofit the drivetrain and get the rear transaxle set. And the biggest hurdle is getting the networks all integrated to work(heck Fisker themselves cant even do that yet). Tons of programming and getting past security pin codes etc, then all the drivetrain communication has to integrate with chassis/body systems, and the brake system would need rework as it is hybrid based.
Its alot when you think about it and Lutz does have the resources, thats why I dont scoff at the $200k price range. I understand what it takes to get something like this done. I'd be a bit more into it if I had a lot more people serious about it.

·
Registered
101 Posts
car concept

The whole idea was to be eco friendly with this car. I find it odd that people would even want to do this. But there are 8 billion people in the world so you get all kinds of crazies at least in my eyes.

·
Registered
304 Posts
For me buying one was based on pure aesthetics - eco friendly or not doesn't matter to me - but I believe it is currently the most beautiful car available today.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Odds are the Destino will be available before the new Karma. Still the biggest challenge to Karma is the antiquated technology inside the cabin.

If I could bolt my Karma body on a Chevy volt I would do it in a minute for the reliability and support of local dealerships. The thought of my local karma dealership taking months to do anything will most likely drive me into another car.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Odds are the Destino will be available before the new Karma. Still the biggest challenge to Karma is the antiquated technology inside the cabin.

If I could bolt my Karma body on a Chevy volt I would do it in a minute for the reliability and support of local dealerships. The thought of my local karma dealership taking months to do anything will most likely drive me into another car.
I completely agree. Our Volt has been great, the Karma not so great.

·
Karma Enthusiast
454 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
I don't think it looks anywhere as good as the Karma from the side shot. ... I wonder what software they use for the touchscreen???
I am guessing Windows CE. :D

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
car concept

The whole idea was to be eco friendly with this car. I find it odd that people would even want to do this. But there are 8 billion people in the world so you get all kinds of crazies at least in my eyes.
Really,
Get real electric cars are still not practical, don’t get me wrong I love my FISKER KARMA, but I’ve spent a lot of money at the dealership to keep it going and only has 21,000 miles on it.
Also I had a 2016 TESLA model X that I bought in 2018 for $86,000 what a piece of s**t nothing but problems and the batteries were worse than FISKER KARMA I was glad to get rid of it and trade it for a Porsche 911.
Reality is it’s not a practical nor dependable car with the current computer system and diode‘s etc. so a conversion is more practical and cheaper in the long run.
So I am shortly getting a LS or a Camaro engine put in to mine.

·
Early Adopter
1,259 Posts
Really,
Get real electric cars are still not practical, don’t get me wrong I love my FISKER KARMA, but I’ve spent a lot of money at the dealership to keep it going and only has 21,000 miles on it.
Also I had a 2016 TESLA model X that I bought in 2018 for $86,000 what a piece of s**t nothing but problems and the batteries were worse than FISKER KARMA I was glad to get rid of it and trade it for a Porsche 911.
Reality is it’s not a practical nor dependable car with the current computer system and diode‘s etc. so a conversion is more practical and cheaper in the long run.
So I am shortly getting a LS or a Camaro engine put in to mine.
Funny you should mention that. Karma Veloce is looking to do just that - Fiskerphilly. The current conversion is a Camero engine and there will be 10 for sale. The corvette engine was destino by VLF. The new venture - karma veloce - is doing conversion as we speak. There will be one destino that karma veloce will be selling soon. So anyone looking for Distino, let your interest be knwon and contact Fiskerphilly.

141 - 160 of 167 Posts