Fisker Buzz Forums banner

121 - 140 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
So any update on how many of these got made or ended up in customer hands so far. It there any video of one in motion?

·
Registered
102 Posts
I know of a shop that wants to do a LS install in a Karma. Has not been able to find a mule for 20-25 K
Anyone out there with a non functioning Karma send me a PM.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I know of a shop that wants to do a LS install in a Karma. Has not been able to find a mule for 20-25 K
Anyone out there with a non functioning Karma send me a PM.
****, I have a friend trying to buy one now from auction, I will keep you updated, If I decide to go in with him, I am willing to do the swap, and part out the current drive train....PM me you info please.

·
Registered
996 Posts
What is interesting is that one of the board members of Katzkin (Bob Lutz is on the board as well) was the CFO of Fisker.

Via Motors has spent a lot of time developing their version of the command center. Basically it is an iPad molded into the dash with a custom skin and app that allows the user to control all the functions. From what I heard they developed this for very little and a variant will be used on the Destino. One of the demo's they give is an EV plugging into the 220/30A socket on the VIA Silverado and successfully taking a charge. I heard a rumor that AAA had ordered a few and was thinking about using them as roadside assistance vehicles for EV's. Of course PG&E and SCE are their main customers.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Speaking of Bob Lutz vapor vehicles, what about VIA Motors? They've been very quiet for the past 18 months.
They haven't been completely quiet, but they still have yet to deliver.

I saw a VIA truck with PG&E decals at a couple EV events in the Bay Area this past fall. Both times they brought the truck in on a flat bed, and never showed it move under it's own power. That didn't exactly inspire confidence.

·
Deep Ocean in ATL
436 Posts
Yea... Lutz believes that Climate Change is a hoax. He is waiting for his vacation home in Florida to go underwater. Until then, he doesn't believe any of it. He calls all Global Warming a "Crook of ****".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Klgp_qDiRhQ Neil Tyson DeGrasse challenged him to put money in Gasoline and see if Climate investors win.

Wax. is honoring the commitment made by Hendrik Fisker in a weak moment to sell body parts. I will put my money on the Green TESLA. Their Model S will beat a standard 'vette, and the Z01 only beats a Model S P+ by less than .7 seconds in the quarter.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVyz9egkrAQ

The upcoming Model X SUV will do 0-60 on 4.2 seconds.

Just what the world needs.. A 6 Liter ICE belching CO2 that cost $200,000. Too much money, and too few brain cells. I am sure all the folks at GM appreciate Lutz costing them 100's of millions in fines and Law suits of "suppressed" recalls on his watch not to mention a bankruptcy.

·
Registered
304 Posts
For 200K the car is not worth it - if it was 120k they would have a gold mine. Might be cheaper to buy a new corvette and just drop a Karma body on it

·
Registered
59 Posts
You could buy a KARMA for 60k and find a hi line builder that could do the build for 60- 65k max.

115-125k would be a finished product.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
As an fyi, I've been toying around the idea of doing it with our owner. He's got several spare vette drivetrains from his scca car(and the $ to pay me) and loves neat stuff like this. But until its more than a thought, my lips are sealed..

121 - 140 of 162 Posts