Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help me!!

2 weeks ago I bought a Fisker Karma in the Netherlands. 5 years old, in good condition.
Yesterday I stopped to charging in Austria and when I got down from the charger and sit in the car, there was a lot of changes:
- miles instead of km appeared on the instrument panel,
- instead of the local EU time show Los Angeles time,
- the climate was replaced by Farenheit instead of Celsius,
- At navigation I got this message: "Navigation system is not activated. Contact your local dealer for system installation."
- All radio station memory deleted,
- The shutter camera does not work, when I turn on in "R".

After I made radio-tuning, changed units to Celsius and a miles to km, but when I stopped and I started again, it was again radio memory was empty, miles and F.

Im living in Hungary, here is no authorized dealer or Fiskar service.
What could have happened? Anybody can you help me?

·
Registered
888 Posts
Uups, exactly the same happened to me on last weekend.

What I noticed:
Changing from miles to km, OK.
Setting car to sleep, OK.
Starting the car by going into stealth shows km for a few seconds, then switches to miles.
It seems, that the car doesn't forget the settings, but something resets them during the startup phase....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone,

Similar isues happened to me too, like Szabsan I bought a Fisker Karma in the Netherlands 1 month ago in good shape.
I live in Spain and there is no authorized dealer service.

It would be great if somebody could help us!

I drove the car from Netherlands to Spain in perfect conditions, Radio, Navigation, USB music player, Bluetooth linked with my phone, Units of measurement in kilometers, Spanish language, all perfect until the car has been stopped for two weeks until I have been able to have the Spanish plates.

Everytime I start the car, it has lose all the previous configuration of the touch screen infotainment, language, radio stations, units of measurement, the mp3 player by USB no longer works and I can not connect my phone by bluetooth is now rejected after inserting the pin appears on the screen.
Every time the car goes to sleep I lose all the settings.

Following the instructions here, I have made soft reset, hard resets and reseted the factory settings but nothing has changed even removing the fuse 27 from the solar roof.
Some values ​​are stored but others are lost just after 1 minute and 18 seconds after the ACC runs out of power, this always happens exactly at the same time 1':18".

Each time the car sleeps it loses all the settings of the following presets:

- UNIT MEASURES
- REGION OF TIME
- RADIO STATIONS
- FOB KEY NAMES
- VOLUME

.. but keeps the rest of presets

I can not pairing my phone by bluetooth, the USB is not working and Voice Command System either. Sound system sources are only AM, FM and AUX, nothing more.

Thank you very much in advance!!

Best regards,
César Mesa

·
Registered
11 Posts
You CIU needs to be reset. A Karma dealer in Atlanta did mine. They hooked my car up to a computer and reset the CIU. I am not sure, but maybe there are dealers or mechanics who can do the same in Europe.

·
Early Adopter
1,259 Posts
You CIU needs to be reset. A Karma dealer in Atlanta did mine. They hooked my car up to a computer and reset the CIU. I am not sure, but maybe there are dealers or mechanics who can do the same in Europe.
both fiskerphilly and harlyguy have computers the ship and they do the work remotely - maybe the can reset ur ciu?

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
I’m unfortunately having the same problems right now. I think mine may have been updated to 535 but I’m not sure

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hello, you have to hear Harleyguy or Fiskerphilly, or you have to go to Zurich at Emilfrey or Holland in the old Fisker dealer, or contact Christoph in Switzerland

·
Registered
180 Posts
I’m unfortunately having the same problems right now. I think mine may have been updated to 535 but I’m not sure
Hello HybridFanatic,

I had the same issue. Last Friday my CIU was updated at Kroymans in Hilversum, The Netherlands, and everything is working great again. It took 1.5 hours and the technician needed around 0.5 hours hands on. First I had to pay € 220, but after verifying the price with the technician I asked beforehand, the price was € 75, so that was nice.

Because now I had the opportunity I asked the technician what caused the reset issue. According to the mechanic most of the time it is caused by a device connected to the USB port. I experienced this earlier with a worn USB cable, but last months nothing was connected at my USB port, so I am still in doubt. Anyway everything is working again.

Off topic, but interesting, I was told now Fiskers from all over Europe go to Kroymans because they are the last official Fisker Service Centre in Europe. People even come from Finland to The Netherlands combining holiday with repair and/or service for their Fisker. This year they sold their last brand new Fisker.

Best regards,

Bart

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
Hello HybridFanatic,

I had the same issue. Last Friday my CIU was updated at Kroymans in Hilversum, The Netherlands, and everything is working great again. It took 1.5 hours and the technician needed around 0.5 hours hands on. First I had to pay € 220, but after verifying the price with the technician I asked beforehand, the price was € 75, so that was nice.

Because now I had the opportunity I asked the technician what caused the reset issue. According to the mechanic most of the time it is caused by a device connected to the USB port. I experienced this earlier with a worn USB cable, but last months nothing was connected at my USB port, so I am still in doubt. Anyway everything is working again.

Off topic, but interesting, I was told now Fiskers from all over Europe go to Kroymans because they are the last official Fisker Service Centre in Europe. People even come from Finland to The Netherlands combining holiday with repair and/or service for their Fisker. This year they sold their last brand new Fisker.

Best regards,

Bart
The mechanic told you the wrong reason the CIU resets itself and it’s not the usb cable or port .
First problem that can cause the reset is water coming into the car from the pollen filter hosing and water runs down the wires going into the CIU

The second and the most common is a bug in the 520 software when the technician uses the car config manager to load 520.
If 520 is installed manually it doesn’t cause the bug .

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi there,

together with Joe (FiskerPhilly) we are going to help on reflashes for software & and CIU as well as battery checks and other tasks which can be taken care of via remote for Switzerland, Germany and perhaps other locations as soon as we have collected some more experience.

- in Switzerland we have done a BL520 reflash and battery health check so far.
- tomorrow we are going to help Dany65 and a colleague in Milano, Italy.

Plan is to ship Joe's laptop and Interface within Europe to take care of these jobs remotely.

Will keep you posted.

Best
Christoph

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
@B. Surm I'm glad to hear you didn't have to pay much. Hopefully this repair is free of charge on my end since I had major work then recently on the car. I will see if I can take it to the shop today. Then post the results when I get it back

·
Registered
180 Posts
The mechanic told you the wrong reason the CIU resets itself and it’s not the usb cable or port .
First problem that can cause the reset is water coming into the car from the pollen filter hosing and water runs down the wires going into the CIU

The second and the most common is a bug in the 520 software when the technician uses the car config manager to load 520.
If 520 is installed manually it doesn’t cause the bug .
Hello Harleyguy,

In my situation the USB port story didn't fit. What actually was an issue at that time is that the spillway / draining tube at the window wiper joint at the driver site was obliterated by dirt. Is this what you are referring to with 'pollen filter hosing'? Can water that accumulates at the wiper joint place permeate, by means of the nearby cable coming from the wiper, to the CIU?

My car is at 520, but I don't know if this is done manually or by config manager...

Thanks for your help.

Bart

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Hello Harleyguy,

In my situation the USB port story didn't fit. What actually was an issue at that time is that the spillway / draining tube at the window wiper joint at the driver site was obliterated by dirt. Is this what you are referring to with 'pollen filter hosing'? Can water that accumulates at the wiper joint place permeate, by means of the nearby cable coming from the wiper, to the CIU?

My car is at 520, but I don't know if this is done manually or by config manager...

Thanks for your help.

Bart
Bart,

If you open the hood and look at the passenger side below the window you’ll see the cover/small door for the pollen filter. It’s the housing around that filter that he’s referring to; specifically, where it meets/attaches to the firewall.

Try this link:
http://www.fiskerbuzz.com/forums/14...prevention-silicone.html?highlight=Water+leak

1 - 16 of 16 Posts