Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so believe it or not we are looking at a capacity crowd of as many as 100 here for the Owners event next Saturday! The weather looks iffy, cool in the 60s and chance of showers don't worry, the event will be indoors and we have plenty of room inside for almost 50 karmas. We are still planning to hand wash every car and perform software upgrades to all vehicles. I have my wheel repair team retained as well and they plan to bring 2 trucks to serve as best as possible. Wheel repairs (weather permitting) will be first come first served.
Fisker has added a couple more to their team coming out, and I just spoke with PowerSource, he is in his Karma in route across the country testing climates of 114 degrees pushing the limits of the new hardware/software.
I will try to make myself available for Friday night as I know alot of owners in town that night will likely get together. I believe many are staying at the Hilton Garden Inn right around the corner or other close hotels. I have another commitment that evening early but may be able to come hang out a bit later. Be in touch, most of you have my cell #.
I will be offline mostly this week as we need to go full bore to get these cars done I have a multitude of people picking up cars at the event.
Most importantly--I need some help, if I can get you owners to handle all of the coverage of the event as far as pictures/video and posting that would be great.

Thanks and look forward to this event, it's gonna be amazing!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Ok, so believe it or not we are looking at a capacity crowd of as many as 100 here for the Owners event next Saturday! The weather looks iffy, cool in the 60s and chance of showers don't worry, the event will be indoors and we have plenty of room inside for almost 50 karmas. We are still planning to hand wash every car and perform software upgrades to all vehicles. I have my wheel repair team retained as well and they plan to bring 2 trucks to serve as best as possible. Wheel repairs (weather permitting) will be first come first served.
Fisker has added a couple more to their team coming out, and I just spoke with PowerSource, he is in his Karma in route across the country testing climates of 114 degrees pushing the limits of the new hardware/software.
I will try to make myself available for Friday night as I know alot of owners in town that night will likely get together. I believe many are staying at the Hilton Garden Inn right around the corner or other close hotels. I have another commitment that evening early but may be able to come hang out a bit later. Be in touch, most of you have my cell #.
I will be offline mostly this week as we need to go full bore to get these cars done I have a multitude of people picking up cars at the event.
Most importantly--I need some help, if I can get you owners to handle all of the coverage of the event as far as pictures/video and posting that would be great.

Thanks and look forward to this event, it's gonna be amazing!
Will miss this event. Good luck with everything Joe. All owners appreciate your efforts on our behalf.

·
Super Moderator
1,183 Posts
I'm really looking forward to meeting you and many other Fisker owners. I'm flying in so no Karma for me. I'm game for meeting up Friday night too. Anyone interested PM me.

Thanks!

Brent

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi ya'll. I'm way down here in Louisiana. My check engine light has been on for a week and I'd really like to make this event. Contemplating driving vs hauling. Any advice would help. I haven't had service since 2013. No problems until now. I LOVE my Karma!

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi ya'll. I'm way down here in Louisiana. My check engine light has been on for a week and I'd really like to make this event. Contemplating driving vs hauling. Any advice would help. I haven't had service since 2013. No problems until now. I LOVE my Karma!
Wow, great to hear! The more, the merrier! There are more than a few long haulers driving so you are more than welcome, however I'd suggest leaving it for a full thorough going over if it's been a couple years. I certainly won't be able to devote the same attention this weekend as it would deserve.

·
Liked, but not well liked
1,172 Posts
Better to update here, have had a lot of DM's on twitter so better to post here....

Currently in Ohio (will be in Pittsburgh area tomorrow so if any of you owners want to get a sneak peak send a message), our main staff is back in CA to attend an event out there (see Twitter) and put more miles on our mule Karma's. Looking forward to meeting you all only a few hundred miles away now from Cherry Hill.

Was it worth it? I think so but would rather have main events in California or the West the food between West and East is horrible along I-40 , I-70 etc(no offense). See all you in a bit and if you would like to see something implemented on Karma (between now and friday 10:00AM) let us know we can add it if it is reasonable.

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
Better to update here, have had a lot of DM's on twitter so better to post here....

See all you in a bit and if you would like to see something implemented on Karma (between now and friday 10:00AM) let us know we can add it if it is reasonable.
You really should not be coding while driving. We want you (and the Karma) to make it to Cherry Hill in one piece. :):):)

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also I've had a couple inquiries about the weather which is possibly rain here for 4 straight days (I know right?) Want to solve a drought? Plan a car event...
Anyway we will be totally indoors I have parking for 40 plus cars in the arena here so don't sweat the weather!

·
Registered
886 Posts
what would be the best airport nearby?
Family just allowed me a weekend off ;-)

Thanks.
Stefan

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
Tell me about it... at least Saturday not looking too bad here, 40% chance of showers but windy.
The prediction models are all over the place at the moment, but the consensus appears to be that other than rain, we don't have to deal with the Juaquin much this weekend. Early next week, however, is another story altogether.

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
Commercial? Philadelphia. Cherry Hill is essentially a suburb.
If you meant GA I'd suggest KVAY, South Jersey Regional. http://www.airnav.com/airport/KVAY
If you are flying into PHL for this event around 7 PM on Friday, I have a car coming to pick me up and i will be happy to share a ride to the hotel. Just PM me for the details.

·
Early Adopter
1,256 Posts
The prediction models are all over the place at the moment, but the consensus appears to be that other than rain, we don't have to deal with the Juaquin much this weekend. Early next week, however, is another story altogether.

Is this the american model or the european model -- I'm sure you've heard all the jokes about the model predictors and how they used several US models (that showed it hitting the eastern seaboard) and the EUR model which did not -- ;-) Wah'keen has been causing the stir in these parts ...

·
Registered
886 Posts
Thanks Brent and Fab,
got the paperwork done, booked tickets to PHL, a car and the Garden Inn.
cu there.

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
What a great opportunity to meet so many Fisker Buzz friends. I have unavoidable plans this weekend. Have fun fellow Karmonians!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Wish I could be there as well but have a great time and post lots of pictures. It would be great if someone would post on the site any great new info that may be said during the weekend.

Best wishes and good Karmas.

·
Registered
829 Posts
What a great opportunity to meet so many Fisker Buzz friends. I have unavoidable plans this weekend. Have fun fellow Karmonians!
Karmanites? Karmaneese? Karmish?

I guess, based on America/Americans and Arizona/Arizonans: Karmans?

(Just not Karma Chameleons). :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts