Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not for sure where to put this so I will put it here.

Since a lot of the battery cells have been replaced does anyone know if any have failed so far? I was just curious to see if any have failed as of yet.

·
EX:Shadow/Canyon #324
1,217 Posts
I am not for sure where to put this so I will put it here.

Since a lot of the battery cells have been replaced does anyone know if any have failed so far? I was just curious to see if any have failed as of yet.
I've had the new battery since October. It's been working/charging flawlessly - not a single CEL.

·
Registered
483 Posts
For batteries that fall under the replacement list that have had modules fail & repaired ~ There is always a chance of another module failing.

The certified or "good" battery packs are not without there faults either. They have had failures as well.

By the way....was my diagnosis correct with your battery? I see that you dropped it off at Northshore.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
For batteries that fall under the replacement list that have had modules fail & repaired ~ There is always a chance of another module failing.

The certified or "good" battery packs are not without there faults either. They have had failures as well.

By the way....was my diagnosis correct with your battery? I see that you dropped it off at Northshore.
First off I would like to thank you (8AVGMPG), Smoothoperator, FiskerTech and Lormax for all the help. I took it in last week because the dealer wanted to see what was exactly wrong with car. The car had like 47 error codes, most codes were from the car completely dying and being jump started from what they said. After all the software updates the car only has like 4 error codes. They could not determine if car just needs a new module/relay/switch whatever its called, or a complete new battery. They have batteries, and they have a few relays but they are waiting to hear back from A123/Fisker, B456 whatever they are called to determine which needs to be replaced, I thought I would have answer today, but looks like next week. I guess they were trying to get one of there techs to come out. The good thing no matter what happens the dealer is trying to fix the issue at their cost, I just hope its a relay and not the battery itself, its easier to get them to make a 2k repair, then a 20k repair.

Thanks again for all the help, and you guys are great.

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
If the dealer is footing the bill have them replace the battery . There is no reason why they can't diagnosis the problem it's not like the Karma hasn't had any battery problems . The codes that were stored will point them in the correct direction . If the had any module failures in the codes they read its the battery . As far as relays in the battery that comes into play when you charge the car . If the car charges fine its not the relays I've all ready replaced relays in at least six battery packs . And have helped other technicians take on this task . It's not a fun job to do I rather replace a complete battery once the cover is removed one wrong move or touch something you shouldn't of you won't have a second chance . Not sure what techs they want to come out not sure where in the county you are located but there is plenty of support on this forum that can lead you in the right direction . Last time I contacted A123 LLC they were useless they told me it would be easier if I sourced the parts I needed it locally.

·
Registered
483 Posts
First off I would like to thank you (8AVGMPG), Smoothoperator, FiskerTech and Lormax for all the help. I took it in last week because the dealer wanted to see what was exactly wrong with car. The car had like 47 error codes, most codes were from the car completely dying and being jump started from what they said. After all the software updates the car only has like 4 error codes. They could not determine if car just needs a new module/relay/switch whatever its called, or a complete new battery. They have batteries, and they have a few relays but they are waiting to hear back from A123/Fisker, B456 whatever they are called to determine which needs to be replaced, I thought I would have answer today, but looks like next week. I guess they were trying to get one of there techs to come out. The good thing no matter what happens the dealer is trying to fix the issue at their cost, I just hope its a relay and not the battery itself, its easier to get them to make a 2k repair, then a 20k repair.

Thanks again for all the help, and you guys are great.
You have a bad contactor (#5). You do not need a new battery. PM me if they try and sell you one.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If the dealer is footing the bill have them replace the battery . There is no reason why they can't diagnosis the problem it's not like the Karma hasn't had any battery problems . The codes that were stored will point them in the correct direction . If the had any module failures in the codes they read its the battery . As far as relays in the battery that comes into play when you charge the car . If the car charges fine its not the relays I've all ready replaced relays in at least six battery packs . And have helped other technicians take on this task . It's not a fun job to do I rather replace a complete battery once the cover is removed one wrong move or touch something you shouldn't of you won't have a second chance . Not sure what techs they want to come out not sure where in the county you are located but there is plenty of support on this forum that can lead you in the right direction . Last time I contacted A123 LLC they were useless they told me it would be easier if I sourced the parts I needed it locally.

Its becoming a headache, but I am being patient, I was told the batteries are holding a charge, but I guess since the relay is bad, or switch I cant charge it, I just want it fixed sick of waiting, but o well, at least it will be right I hope.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You have a bad contactor (#5). You do not need a new battery. PM me if they try and sell you one.
I will PM and let you know what they say, but they acting like its that hard to fix that dang contactor/relay whatever. They said the batteries are good I guess, but something is stoping them from charging, so like you guys said a contactor/Relay/switch...:huh:..I am ready to ride all Electric. :mad:

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
Its becoming a headache, but I am being patient, I was told the batteries are holding a charge, but I guess since the relay is bad, or switch I cant charge it, I just want it fixed sick of waiting, but o well, at least it will be right I hope.
As of now Ive repaired at least 6 batteries. As of last week I was also the only one I know of repairing batteries . Fisker never trained us on how to repair batteries due to the risk of getting hurt .Repairing them I had to learn on my own and some help from the HSS guys and a ex A123 engineer I stay in touch with. Most of the dealers don't want there techs getting hurt touch the wrong thing and you might never touch anything again. Have them remove the battery after they confirm the problem ship the battery to me and I will fix it for you .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts