Fisker Buzz Forums banner
21 - 40 of 62 Posts

· Registered
107 Posts
air bag

My letter came yesterday but wonder when they have parts does it have to done at dealership for cost to be covered or can local shop do it.
cost of shipping car there and back makes it a very expensive free fix.

· Registered
48 Posts
Taking my Karma in for the Takata Airbag recall this Friday.

Hey Guys,

FYI if your a California Karma owner you can schedule your airbag replacement through Rusnak Karma in Pasadena. I am taking mine if to have it replaced this coming Friday. I will report back to let you know it went smoothly.

· Premium Member
4,665 Posts
Hey Guys,

FYI if your a California Karma owner you can schedule your airbag replacement through Rusnak Karma in Pasadena. I am taking mine if to have it replaced this coming Friday. I will report back to let you know it went smoothly.
I already had mine done at Pat's Garage in San Francisco on Monday. Basically a one-day job and had other service items done while the car was there anyway. Went pretty smoothly.

· Liked, but not well liked
1,172 Posts
Would it be possible to just get the part and have it installed myself? Now that Phoenix no longer has a CSP?

Please report back if Karma will furnish to you the part. Have several cars that need the recall performed but would not let Rusnak touch any vehicle with a 10 foot pole.

Supposedly Karma is opening their own service/sales center and I know many of the techs there and would feel far more comfortable having it done there.

· Registered
77 Posts
So my Detroit dealer (Suburban of Troy) is now selling Karma's with two Fisker CSP's staffed which will hopefully make life a little easier for basic maintenance. I scheduled my airbag recall for November 7th and will keep you posted. For any Michigan/Northern Ohio folks, I'll keep everyone posted as well regarding the service received.

· Registered
350 Posts
i sent my letter to karma and they responded immediately, and told me i could get it done at karma in ft worth. so i will be getting that done asap.

btw, the leather cover of my passenger side airbag has shrunk by being left out in the sun i imagine. when they exchange the airbag, do they also replace the leather cover?

· Registered
48 Posts
i sent my letter to karma and they responded immediately, and told me i could get it done at karma in ft worth. so i will be getting that done asap.

btw, the leather cover of my passenger side airbag has shrunk by being left out in the sun i imagine. when they exchange the airbag, do they also replace the leather cover?
Mine has shrunk a little as well. I will let ya know if they replace it but I doubt it.

· Premium Member
3,089 Posts

Have them order you a new one this way they can replace it when they do the recall they should only charge you for the part it's not a warranty item

· Premium Member
4,665 Posts
Bumping this thread to see if anyone has not yet participated in the recall. Based on my local experience here in San Francisco, I think the participation rate is pretty high, but interesting to know if there are still stragglers out there still driving around with the front passenger guillotine.

21 - 40 of 62 Posts