Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got off the phone with Fisker OC and I was told that there will be a new update in June.

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Any clue what issues are going to be addressed in this release?

·
Registered
18 Posts
The auto folding mirror motor burn out issue will probably be in there. I'm sure the warranty claim$ have gotten Fisker's attention.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Dutch said:
I don't have bugs anymore, so I wonder what 6.20 will do. Maybe give us a digital speed in Stealth Mode?
How about allowing us to use the USB ports? I would really like to start connecting my iPod.

·
Super Moderator
1,183 Posts
cbermudez8 said:
Dutch said:
I don't have bugs anymore, so I wonder what 6.20 will do. Maybe give us a digital speed in Stealth Mode?
How about allowing us to use the USB ports? I would really like to start connecting my iPod.
Per the last town hall meeting and 6.15 release notes you CAN use your USB now. They hedged a little ("All the known problems are fixed", "Didn't notice any problems in testing") but said that USB is now good to go as long as you're on 6.15

[hr]
Dutch said:
I don't have bugs anymore
Sure you do, you're just used to them now!

Your Solar Screen is still non functional, the mirror auto-fold option still eats motors, the Auto setting on the climate control is marginally useful at best, and there are likely still race condition bugs that we don't notice any more because we have adopted pre-flight checklists, wait till the car sleeps before charging and other accommodations.

I would love to see the Digital Speedo in Sport as an option, or an improved Nav UI, but I think there are still plenty of pure bugs to squash before we should expect a lot of new features.

Brent

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
I'd like to see the white gauge face option ;)[/u]

·
Registered
35 Posts
My USB works fine now with 6.15. Agree w above that first priority needs to be getting that solar panel working.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have not yet updated to 6.15. My Karma has worked so well under 6.13 that I am a bit reluctant to "mess with a good thing". I guess it is time to take the next step.

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
Why 6.20 and not 6.16 or 7.0?

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
I was told by Fisker yesterday that we are getting the speedo instead of the clock in stealth mode in 6.20. Also there will be no more updates until the 2013's come out. I was told sometime ago that their goal is to have the software ironed out by 6.30.

·
Registered
223 Posts
No more updates until the 2013s come out??? When will that be? Should I wait for the 2013s before purchasing?

If indeed this is true, it is very disappointing that Fisker wouldn't get all the features of the car operational (solar screen, charging and uncharging without inducing a check engine light, mirrors that dont burn out, remote cabin preconditioning, AC that works well, etc) in the 2012 model year before putting out the 2013s.

I hope they can prove this rumor to be untrue.

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Haters/Waiters/kill joys, go find some place where someone gives a crap what you think and leave this site to those of us who love our car and the ownership experience. Nobody will miss you or your opinions! And for those of you that can't make up your mind, you don't deserve a karma! Beat It, no pun intended I'm sure you do with all of that time waiting on your hands, no pun intended !

·
Registered
169 Posts
MArkansas said:
Haters/Waiters/kill joys, go find some place where someone gives a crap what you think and leave this site to those of us who love our car and the ownership experience. Nobody will miss you or your opinions! And for those of you that can't make up your mind, you don't deserve a karma! Beat It, no pun intended I'm sure you do with all of that time waiting on your hands, no pun intended !
For those who don't deserves, they criticize the insignificant and missing the big picture. Create doubt for others so they can't enjoy. Questioning a road bump as if it is the end of the world. As if all company should start and end with a silky smooth path. These are the people who have never built, never tried and never failed.

Fisker is a symbol of creativity, courage and innovation. That is the statement that you are all driving and making.

Go Fisker go.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sparky168 said:
As if all companies should start and end with a silky smooth path. These are the people who have never built, never tried and never failed.

Fisker is a symbol of creativity, courage and innovation. That is the statement that you are all driving and making.

Go Fisker go.
I think Fisker has had a rough start. Fortunately, it's not how you start that really matters, it's how you finish. As long as they fix the software bugs and make the command center easier to use they'll have finished the Karma well.

·
Registered
216 Posts
drliu said:
...solar screen, charging and uncharging without inducing a check engine light, mirrors that dont burn out, remote cabin preconditioning, AC that works well, etc...
Maybe all of these issues will be fixed in 6.20. :sleepy:

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
None of my cars have great command centers. There's a learning curve to operating all of them. I wouldn't rate the Karma command center as being bad. It's quite easy to use after you get used to it. It certainly is much easier to use than any VCR I ever had. I could spend an hour trying to figure out how to set it to record a certain show at a certain time tomorrow. Thank god for DVR.

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
I can prove that you can have thousands of the best software people in the world with all the time and resources and money and still put out a product everyone hates and has massive problems.

Ready.

Wait for it....

Microsoft Vista

QED

·
Registered
91 Posts
Good point kwsmith, however, the important thing is that you learn from your mistakes and fix them. Just as Microsoft has moved on to much better operating systems, Fisker has to address the problems associated with the current command center. Fortunately, this is a software issue so the upgrade is relatively easily to implement once created.

I LOVE my car, but I would love for it to have an absolutely kick ass command center. Excuse my French.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts