Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any of the issues resolved with the "black market" UI update? I'm still having media issues and seat position resets on an almost daily basis. I also have issues with the hill mode sometimes working and sometimes not and sometimes not returning to D. Could be a bad hardware switch too, I guess. Since it's often a delayed response, I still suspect software.

For the programmers out there, is there an open source code for the current version of the OS that we can browse and possibly play with?

FYI: still get people driving fast/slow around me in traffic to try and make out the car maker name badge. When describing the color "Shadow", I find ginger ale pretty much makes sense to everyone when they finally see it. People of all ages and backgrounds compliment the car. :) Amazing how un-understood a concept a plug-in hybrid still is to folks.

-A

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought you picked up Dennis' car? I didn't think that car had that update done to it?

There's no open source code software out there yet that I know of, unfortunately.

·
EX:Shadow/Canyon #324
1,217 Posts
Not at the time I sold it.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Has anyone had any of the issues resolved with the "black market" UI update? I'm still having media issues and seat position resets on an almost daily basis. I also have issues with the hill mode sometimes working and sometimes not and sometimes not returning to D. Could be a bad hardware switch too, I guess. Since it's often a delayed response, I still suspect software.

For the programmers out there, is there an open source code for the current version of the OS that we can browse and possibly play with?

FYI: still get people driving fast/slow around me in traffic to try and make out the car maker name badge. When describing the color "Shadow", I find ginger ale pretty much makes sense to everyone when they finally see it. People of all ages and backgrounds compliment the car. :) Amazing how un-understood a concept a plug-in hybrid still is to folks.

-A
How true.

When they mention the gas engine, they talk about how great it is to have an easy way to recharge the battery. If it's a casual conversation with someone who really isn't interested in the technology, I've learned to keep my mouth shut. But if it's someone who really wants to know what's going on under the hood, I tell them that the engine is a generator for the electric motors and not a battery charger. Therefore if the battery fails (can't be charged), you still can drive the car. That usually wows people, even though it's a common sense idea once you think about it.

Or is it? Are there any hybrids out there that actually use the engine solely to recharge the batteries?

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
How true.
Are there any hybrids out there that actually use the engine solely to recharge the batteries?
Isn't that how the VIA truck conversions work? When the ICE kicks in, it runs at constant RPM providing power to the battery. You don't have to stop since there is enough power to keep the vehicle moving while the battery is being charged (unlike, e.g., the BMW I3) but the engine does not respond to the driver's demand for power, it just runs at constant RPM.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I do notice that in Sport mode, the battery slowly depleats till @ 25 miles range and holds there till you return to Stealth.

From my, ...er Dennis' notes, the software was updated to 510 in October of 2012. Is there an official other update? I thought that was the last "Approved" Fisker update. That is why I'm inquiring about the later one that only a few have installed.

As I told Travis, I'm getting really sick of the first song on my USB stick...lol. Most of the time, the car starts playing that track when I start it up.

-Alex

·
Registered
197 Posts
Actually, my hill mode jumps back to 'D' occasionally when I go over a small bump? I don't know what that is about, but I just re engage the hill mode again.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
I do notice that in Sport mode, the battery slowly depleats till @ 25 miles range and holds there till you return to Stealth.
-Alex
That's how it's supposed to work. For the first 50% of battery, you get the benefit of both the ICE and the battery working together to provide the full 360KW power for maximum performance.

Below 50% charge, the ICE just replenishes the battery to the keep the current charge level but you are limited to the 180KW you get from the battery or ICE alone.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
@Karma2012, I believe that is supposed to happen. I think ESP turns Hill off if it senses anything out of the ordinary to stabilize the car.

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
Correct re: Hill mode on moderate/severe bumps... that's by design.

Also, using the USB port is a risky endeavor - part software/part hardware driven as I've found out with both of my Karmas. I'd recommend just streaming your music over bluetooth rather than using the USB connector.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The CIU software will never be open sourced. It is actually a VERY complicated piece of software. The CIU has 3 processors running on 3 different OS and all have to work together with the right timing. You can't just hire some hackers and "recode" the whole thing within any reasonable time frame.

The current "Black Market" software was never intended to be released. IT WAS NEVER COMPLETED. This new software has as many improvements as we could squeeze out of the processors. Each feature that improved or added was based on all the customer feedback we received. We took each feedback, and did a complete analysis if we could really implement it given the hardware limitations. I wish you guys really could have received the completed version. It was quite impressive given our constrained budget, man power, lack of supplier support.

What is currently on the "black market" is really just a small taste of the final version.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts