Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
Last 2 new traction motors left in stock going into this car... (with a new rdm)
What is the plan for any future repairs? Are there any rebuilt ones available as a stopgap at least?

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fisker has plenty more but tied up until new year. Apparently a warehouse move going on with Valmet and thats where alot of parts are.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cost is dependent on several factors such as which components, and warranty level. Without warranty and using all new components is at least $17500. However pricing changes with warranty considerably. Also as we get closer to resplining the motors ourselves we can offer much better options for out of pocket scenarios such as warranty covers the rdm replacement and labor and owner pays for TM rebuilds and gets all 3 components new (or better than new) at a third of that cost. Obviously warranty wouldnt pay for a resplined TM. But all $ could be applied to a new rdm thus covering the labor to pull everything out and apart. That would be covered by an original owner allotment. The 10 grand for motors is what hurts.

·
Deep Ocean in ATL
436 Posts
are the hardened motor splines becoming available soon. I have to have the RDM replaced, if available, it would make sense to change the splines (rather than loctite) then.

Any time table Philly or Harley??

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Depends on whether youre looking to replace complete motord with new units or rebuild yours with hard splines. Dont have a firm timetable on either yet so I dont want to mislead you ;)

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I have the hardened spline motors available RIGHT NOW. Already installed in over 20+ cars. Not a single mechanical failure yet. Full warranty available on these parts as well.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Sure. It's a full year, 12,000 miles. Considering the factory motors usually fail within 7-15,000 miles, that covers your normal range of failure. I'm going to stand by my product, so if it fails outside of the warranty range I'll be more than happy to work with you.

Full disclosure here as well. I've warrantied two motors so far, both for electrical issues related to the temp sensors. Both motors were some of our first rebuilds. The wires inside weren't routed 100% correctly, so when the motor started moving it ripped the wire right out of the connector. One motor was replaced completely. The other was able to be repaired in the car. Since those, wire routing was changed slightly and no issues since.

References from owners that have these motors installed are available.

·
Registered
49 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
@Harleyguy, @FiskerPhilly - does green circle mean hardened splines and the lack of them mean trouble ? How do I check to see if I have the one ones with the green circles ?
The green circles are on the bottom of the motors. If you look under the rear of the vehicle, you can see the circles at the bottom of the motor if you have them. They are about 4 inches in diameter.

I couldn't say an exact cutoff on VIN for them to be installed from the factory, though it would be a much higher VIN.

·
Early Adopter
1,255 Posts
The green circles are on the bottom of the motors. If you look under the rear of the vehicle, you can see the circles at the bottom of the motor if you have them. They are about 4 inches in diameter.

I couldn't say an exact cutoff on VIN for them to be installed from the factory, though it would be a much higher VIN.
my vin is xx0947 and Fisker filly while doing my oil change notice i have a green marking on mine, it was not a green circle per say, but it had green marking and fiskerphilly says mine is the new version - but my vin is under 1000

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
I have Vin 1466, and it does NOT have the green mark. 16k miles an no issues.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts