Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
if a deal is imminent that will save Fisker, possibly the Karma and reinstate our warranties then yes. Pop the champagne only when he is removed from the website.

For old times sake the best of Tony P tweets:

Adieu to the only CEO in the history of the automotive industry that never built a single car under their leadership.

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
Yes. And hopefully...

·
Registered
197 Posts
I guess the FA management has finally drained out whatever cash that was left including owners' warranty and service reserve.

·
Registered
996 Posts
5 decent engineers could be hired for what Pos was making. I guess they were waiting for his year lease to run out in Emerald Bay before parting ways.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Yeah, found this out awhile ago, but was sworn to zip the lip. Another exec is headed out shortly as well.

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
That's new re:malf... Must have literally just happened.

·
Registered
232 Posts
They must have finally drained the bank accounts. So who's watching the business? Who's protecting the investors and lenders? A lot of questions need to be answered...

Why didn't the management file bk to protect whatever cash was left after production stopped?

Did management fulfill their fiduciary duty?

How much cash did these guys drain while ignoring their legal obligation to warranty claims?

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
malfitono is gone horvat will probably leave soon since he was tony's lap dog
Horvat is respected (at least technically) by many decision makers at FA but he still hasn't figured out how to play well with others (including customers). He also has a lot of Detroit large cap DNA (and not the good stuff) so that is unfortunate for those of us that expect a more humble and accessible management team. Good news is Barny is still there and I have a lot of respect for him (like Tom LaSorda before him, he is one of the few that 'get it' wrt customers).

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Horvat is respected (at least technically) by many decision makers at FA but he still hasn't figured out how to play well with others (including customers). He also has a lot of Detroit large cap DNA (and not the good stuff) so that is unfortunate for those of us that expect a more humble and accessible management team.
While I respect Garys technical capability and background, I think he's a terrible manager that uses intimidation as a management style. I also believe he was instrumental in getting Tony in as CEO, so there goes his credibility in that regard.

Good news is Barny is still there and I have a lot of respect for him (like Tom LaSorda before him, he is one of the few that 'get it' wrt customers).
This is where I disagree with you. Barney as CEO spells nothing but trouble. In my 2+ years at Fisker Barney had at least 8 different "gravy" positions at Fisker. I'm convinced that a large percentage of the BILLION dollars Fisker wasted was on business cards for Barney. He's also the guy that hired back Michael Groene too; see the documentary thread for my views on Groene. Michael couldn't even get on here to defend himself his wife had too (ha!).

Barney might have good intentions but lacks the know how and common sense (which is sparse at Fisker anyways) to actually get anything done. I believe Barney is in it for himself in the end, as was Henrik.

·
EX:Shadow/Canyon #324
1,217 Posts
Good news is Barny is still there and I have a lot of respect for him (like Tom LaSorda before him, he is one of the few that 'get it' wrt customers).
Sorry I can't share your respect for Barny. He was Chief Operating Officer during the period when the Karma was released, and he should have never let such a buggy product be put in the hands of customers.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts