Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here ever tried to title a new car (never titled) in a state other than the one they bought the car in?
I don't mean buying the car and having the dealer have a title issued in their state and then sending it off to be transferred to the state where to owner resides, I have done that.
I mean, as in my example, buying my Fisker Karma in Huntsville, AL and having the first title ever issued for the car come from PA, my home state and state of record, which in mililtary-speak, is equivalent, although not quite, to state of residence.
PA does a lot of nice things for military folks, but the DMV definitely has not gotten on the bandwagon.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'll be doing it with my Karma (it arrives tomorrow). This will be the third time that I have bought a car out of state and had the first title issued in Virginia.
I plan on taking my paperwork down to DMV and registering the car next week. I don't foresee any problems...

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just checked with my Fisker dealer in NC. They will title the car for me in VA and the dealer will send me the tags when they get them.
I'll just need to go to DMV if I want to get personalized plates.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
kabalah70 said:
Evanhenry, huh? Is that spam or poor humor?
Definitely Spam, and it's out of here ....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts