Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All. I am about to upgrade my summer tiers on my Karma and got a quote for 2600 dollars for 4 new tiers which seems a little bit too expensive. Can anyone recommend some more economic tiers? I drive around 4000 km / year and usually below 100 km/hour. Just cruizing, no racing.

Thx

Br Henrik

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
From what I understand the Goodyear tires aren't available anymore. If anyone has them it's a very limited stock and I would also check the DOT date on them . Yokohama is the way to go

·
Deep Ocean in ATL
436 Posts
@HenrikW, go with Harley guy's recommendation -- I took his advice and went to Yoko's and have never looked back. They wear much better and have better traction in the cold (not that we have cold like Sweden). Also, I plan to change my Tesla X over to the same. I will have to see what effect they have on the Wh/mile and overall range. If not, I will save for my Karma... they are thee same size tires -- front and rear.

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
I'm at ~26k miles and need a third set of tires. I've heard some good things about the Yoko's, but also heard that they are much noisier than the F1's? Feedback from those who have used both?

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
I'm at ~26k miles and need a third set of tires. I've heard some good things about the Yoko's, but also heard that they are much noisier than the F1's? Feedback from those who have used both?
The Yoko's are a little noisier then the Goodyear's depending on the road service. They are noisier on concrete roads than on a smooth asphalt surface. I would also say that the traction on a dry surface is less with the Yoko's but better on wet pavement. I also don't miss being told that my tires are bald and need to be replaced after which I have to show then the wear bars on the Goodyear's.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yes, What Marswill & Harley Guys said. Changed to Yoko,s at about 6,500 miles also improved lug nuts same time. Now have almost 10K . Personally I think they ride much better, always warm here, also got rid of low speed clicking sound when turning maneuvering, slowly. Just under $1000.00 - set 4 Installed / Balanced / Tire Rack

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi Henrik,

I got new front tires last summer on 22" wheels and paid around 6000:- SEK all included installed. (680 USD). It's Goodyear tires and production date is in 2015. Has been working fine for me.

PM me and I will give you details, located in Malmo.

·
Deep Ocean in ATL
436 Posts
I had 3 sets of Good Years and changed to the Yoko's. I wouldn't go back. The Yoko's are slightly noisier on concrete highways. No objectionable! They last much longer and seem more stable in turns and in cold weather. Not to mention they are all season. Most importantly, the "side shutter/shuffle" on U turns is gone.

·
Registered
888 Posts
I also need new summer tires.

I want to go for the Yokohama Parada Spec-X, but can not get them in Germany.

I could get them from the US, but I got a quote of 600 USD for shopping.
Anybody has been able to source them in Europe?

·
Registered
888 Posts
Hi, no one has these tires installed in Europe?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Just put four new Yokos for $960 (tirerack) on my 00888. Noise increase is neglectable.
Handling is better. Vibration on FT is gone!!! Smoother ride. I'm īmpressed.

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
I put the Yokos on a couple of weeks ago. I don't notice any more road noise than F1's, and handle great. Only semi negative is that I'm getting about 4 less miles per full charge to battery depleted. I've been taking the same route for many years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi everybody,

I am not sure if these would work for the front... ?
Yokohama PARADA Spec-X (PA02), 255/35 R22 99V XL
-> missing RPB means no Rim Protection?

in the back the same tire has an additional "RPB" for Rim Protection:
Yokohama PARADA Spec-X (PA02),285/35 R22 106V XL RPB (HERE I AM SURE they are fine)

Thx for any further experiences
Christoph

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
I am due (or according to Pat overdue) for a new set of tires. Are the Yokohamas still the leading alternative? If so, any updated recommendations on where I can order them from?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
I am due (or according to Pat overdue) for a new set of tires. Are the Yokohamas still the leading alternative? If so, any updated recommendations on where I can order them from?

Thanks.
I got my Yokohama's from TireRack and had them delivered directly to Pat's Garage.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
I got my Yokohama's from TireRack and had them delivered directly to Pat's Garage.
That’s the current plan. Just wandering if there are newer, better options.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
That’s the current plan. Just wandering if there are newer, better options.
I talked to a Michelin rep a week ago as I'm partial to that brand. The rep did a thorough search and said there was no solution for the Karma at this time.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts