Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I should share this...

The car door sicker says 40psi front and 35psi back, yet the diag system says I have around 55psi front and 46psi back, and a warning that 45psi on the rear left tire is too low.

I will get a real tire pressure gauge at a car part store to see what the true pressure is.

Attachments

·
Registered
211 Posts
The tire thingy generally is very unreliable unfortunately.

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
Always check tire pressure with a good gauge and compare to reading to the information center . The TPMS sensor can be checked for proper readings using a TPMS tool and worst case scenario we can try reprogramming the VCM .

·
Registered
913 Posts
Thought I should share this...

The car door sicker says 40psi front and 35psi back, yet the diag system says I have around 55psi front and 46psi back, and a warning that 45psi on the rear left tire is too low.

I will get a real tire pressure gauge at a car part store to see what the true pressure is.
The sensors read way too high. There's probably a scale factor that's not set right (or there's supposed to be a scale factor and isn't, which would result in the same problem). I suspect this is at least half the reason you can't see the sensor readings at all unless one is out of range...

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The sensors read way too high...
Looks like a programming bug. The tire was low, it was 29psi instead of 35psi on the new tire pressure gauge. But not the 45psi the display was reporting.

So, the tire pressure warning system works fine, just don't pay attention to the display numbers, they are as "ct" says; "read way too high".

I am sure this is way at the bottom of their bug list.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts