Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 30k unremarkable miles in my Fisker (thanks to San Francisco McLaren / Fisker), I got a flat tire and crushed my in-tire pressure sensor to bits. I had a new pressure sensor installed with the new tire at the local tire store, but it would not sync. My SF Fisker mechanic tried as well and couldn't get a reading. Is there a Fisker specific part needed (i.e. the valve sender)? If so does anyone know where to find one? Love the Karma, but now greeted by an orange tire pressure warning sign every morning.

·
Liked, but not well liked
1,172 Posts
After 30k unremarkable miles in my Fisker (thanks to San Francisco McLaren / Fisker), I got a flat tire and crushed my in-tire pressure sensor to bits. I had a new pressure sensor installed with the new tire at the local tire store, but it would not sync. My SF Fisker mechanic tried as well and couldn't get a reading. Is there a Fisker specific part needed (i.e. the valve sender)? If so does anyone know where to find one? Love the Karma, but now greeted by an orange tire pressure warning sign every morning.
Is the issue not being able to read the sensors or sync to vehicle? You can pick up a ATEQ VT30 from amazon which will be able to read and code the sensor. In order to sync the sensor to the vehicle you need PRODIS. There was supposedly a way to do this via the key fob that had spotty results. I think the TPMS Sensor is off a Hyundai vehicle.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. It apparently just will not sync. There is no error message in the diagnostics screen, just the glowing orange indicator light. Tried several TPMS and have not found one that works. If anyone knows the matching TPMS model, would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
You need to buy a tire sensor from Fisker you won't be able to program the sensor if you don't use the Fisker laptop and a TPMS tool as mentioned the Ateq VT30 there is no other way to program the sensor to the car . I was the first one in the country to work out the TPMS system with Fisker TSS . The VT30 pings the sensor and Prodis is what sets the sensors code into memory.
The system is a GM based system as you ping the sensor the horn honks when you get to,the last sensor which is the left from tire a double honk of the horn and the car gets reset.
There is a small chance if you at least have the VT30 you can try programming the TPMS without Prodis . The VT30 is a couple hundred dollars no,other brand sensor will work the sensor are based on a Hyundai SUV but not a American model

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi !
I need 4
OEM C131124501000 tire pressure monitoring sensors. Please contact me if anyone knows where to get them to a reasonable price. My local dealer is selling them for 700 USD.
best regards
Alexander

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
Hi !
I need 4
OEM C131124501000 tire pressure monitoring sensors. Please contact me if anyone knows where to get them to a reasonable price. My local dealer is selling them for 700 USD.
best regards
Alexander
Get a hold of Joe from Fisker of cherry hill

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Hi !
I need 4
best regards
Alexander
My local dealer in San Francisco quoted me $70 for the same thing. You sure a decimal point did not get misplaced by your dealer?

·
Liked, but not well liked
1,172 Posts
Munich you say......

That's word because you know
Can't touch this (oh-oh oh oh-oh-oh)
Can't touch this (oh-oh oh oh-oh-oh)
Break it down
(Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh oh-oh)
(Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh oh-oh)
Stop Barny time

·
Registered
30 Posts
An additional question... I don't drive my Karma much as it needs some things but when i tried a few days ago the tpms light came on. Checked all tires and adjusted slightly. All are perfect. The screen indicates a little higher than I would expect in terms of PSI but it still tells me I have a low tire. Doesn't seem to be a reset on the screen and I have tried my odb tool as well. light is still on. Any ideas???

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
It'll usually reset on it's own after you drive it some (maybe around 20 miles).

·
Registered
888 Posts
An additional question... I don't drive my Karma much as it needs some things but when i tried a few days ago the tpms light came on. Checked all tires and adjusted slightly. All are perfect. The screen indicates a little higher than I would expect in terms of PSI but it still tells me I have a low tire. Doesn't seem to be a reset on the screen and I have tried my odb tool as well. light is still on. Any ideas???

Had the same last week. Complained about front left tire pressure.
It Took about 500m drive to remove the error from the screen.
Maybe you want to take it to the csp.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
When I took my car to Pat's garage @Patrizio33 for the annual service, the right front TPMS warning had been on for a month, despite the fact the pressure in the tire was within the proper range. Before replacing the TPMS sensor, or even hooking up the diagnostic computer, Pat used a TPMS reset procedure that was totally new to me, and it actually worked. Maybe I should not reveal this secret technique because it could cost the dealers some TPMS sales and service charges, but he did not swear me to secrecy, and here goes:

As he explained it, he deflated all four tires to below the 30 PSI lower limit of the TPMS sensor and kept it at that level while the car was being serviced. He then re-inflated the tires to the correct pressures before taking the car on the post-service test drive. Apparently that's the Ctrl-Alt-Del sequence for TPMS sensors, and the misbehaving sensor popped back into service.

The key here is to not drive the car with the deflated tires, and you should have an air pump available to re-inflate the tires before driving the car.

Again, this was my understanding of the procedure and I may have gotten some of the details wrong, but it's easy enough to try that it's worth a shot, IMHO.

·
San Francisco Provider
28 Posts
This is not a fix for a bad TPMS sensor. I don't want to start any false rumors of simple fixes. This is a standard procedure for servicing here at Pat's Garage. We get cars in with tire pressures all over the map and TPMS lights on. We generally lower all pressures to around 30 psi and then bring them all back to Specification. After a test drive if the TPMS light is still on we have to use the standard reset with the Fisker tool.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
This is not a fix for a bad TPMS sensor. I don't want to start any false rumors of simple fixes. This is a standard procedure for servicing here at Pat's Garage. We get cars in with tire pressures all over the map and TPMS lights on. We generally lower all pressures to around 30 psi and then bring them all back to Specification. After a test drive if the TPMS light is still on we have to use the standard reset with the Fisker tool.

@Patrizio33, sorry if I was not clear. Obviously, if the TPMS sensor has stopped working, doing this is not going to magically fix it. I just thought it is an interesting first step to try before moving on to the more difficult and expensive steps. Just like turning the computer on and off before taking it apart.

Thanks for the great work, BTW. Car is running great post-service.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi. I just bought Ateq VT31 and it works with my 2013 Karma. I successfully read all wheels data, pressures, battery OK, all data showing nicely. But TPMS MIL at the instrument panel is still on. I think I bought just a scanner, not programming tool. Is it right and do I still need original Fisker diagnostic tool, or is there some way how to turn off TPMS MIL with VT31?

·
Premium Member
2012 Fisker Karma #1030
380 Posts
Just drive the car for 20 miles (more than what the manual says) and the low pressure light should go off. I had this issue last week and the warning disappeared after a short while of normal driving.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts