Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Weird problem...
I didn't notice this before but now it is really bothering me.
When pulling out of my driveway I have to turn the steering wheel 450 degrees, and when I do it feels like it is dragging the front drivers side tire across the pavement, or possibly it is scraping on the inner fender wall.
I had my wife at the wheel while I stood outside the car to observe, I couldn't pin point it.
I also had the lug nuts checked to make sure they hadn't come loose.
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Tires skipping on cold pavement tight turns...ditch the Goodyears for Yokohamas
If its the tire rubbing the inner fender liner would need to make sure liner is secure. They get out of place from road debris hitting them also the front vent in grille can loosen up and rub. I've replaced several wheel liners for these issues.
If its a clicking sound like a baseball card in a bicycle spoke then it needs the magnicoated lug nuts.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info.
I'll take a look again and see if I can see evidence of scraping.

·
Deep Ocean in ATL
436 Posts
FiskerP.... I have thought of the Yokohama's next tire change. I do get the skipping on smooth or sandy pavement. When I checked with TireRack and tire dealer, they were listed as a truck tire.

Do the Yoko's handle well on the Karma? The Goodyear's have their issues, but ride smoothly and handle well on the highway.

Anyone have experience driving the Yoko's on the highway and city? Appreciate the input.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
The yokos are absolutely awesome. Smooth, soft ride. Noo skipping or shuddering when cold. Handle very well, and quiet as well as better longevity. No "normally bald" edges for people to keep telling you that you need new tires. Waaay better, trust me. I've disposed of probably a dozen sets of Goodyears and every client has the same feedback, a world of difference. They're listed as a replacement tire for trucks using 22s, but not an off road tire, rather a highway tread. You'll be happy with the switch.

·
Deep Ocean in ATL
436 Posts
Thanks.... I assume I am looking at the Yoko Parada X tire....

Will put them on next set. I will be doing that some time next year. Of course changing brands, I will put on both front and year.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Had Yokos put on this morning. $1038 at Discount Tire. Tire rack would be about the same after s/h and local mounting charges.
The Yokos seem to ride smoothly, quietly but are a bit "thumpier" over bumps. I had a tire pressure light after installation, and the Discount computer said to take them to my Fisker dealer for re-programming. I complained and they said that "Maybe" the tire pressure sensors would relearn after a few miles. Luckily, it only took about 3-4 miles for the light to extinguish. Everythings back to normal. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Had Yokos put on this morning. $1038 at Discount Tire. Tire rack would be about the same after s/h and local mounting charges.
The Yokos seem to ride smoothly, quietly but are a bit "thumpier" over bumps. I had a tire pressure light after installation, and the Discount computer said to take them to my Fisker dealer for re-programming. I complained and they said that "Maybe" the tire pressure sensors would relearn after a few miles. Luckily, it only took about 3-4 miles for the light to extinguish. Everythings back to normal. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.
Was the $1038 four all four tires and including installation and balancing? Also, do you have the full Yoko tire id e.g.: specs for ordering. Txs

·
Registered
192 Posts
fiskerjim......The $1038 covered everything except road hazard insurance. I had the tire specs with me, but Discount Tire had the info in their computer. They also had the Yoko model, etc.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts