Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I changed to wintertires today.
I have the sensors. My dealer said that a warning signal for tires will come up if you dont calibrate that you have changed tires.

The warning signal did come up after a while since the company that changed my tires did not have the know how to calibrate.

What is the screen diagnostics for? Shouldn´t you see the tirepreassure error in the diagnostic screen also?

Cant you do the calibration in any way by my self? on my VW i just pressed a button

·
Registered
854 Posts
Can't the dealer reset the TPMS for you? I agree that with a touch screen control center, you should be able to do it yourself from within the car.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the dealer can do it for me but they are a bit far away just for this

·
Registered
483 Posts
the diagnostics screen only come up if one of wheel's tire pressure is out of spec. if its a sensor issue there won't be any info.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hi Michael, when you changed to winter tires did you get new TPMS sensors with the tires or they used the ones from summer tires?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Michael, I am afraid that those new sensors have to be "paired" with car's receiver. I know on our race car we have to literally input sensor's code into ECU's database. Usually car is able to recognize right wheel even if you change wheels around (from left to right), but it has to know ID of the sensor. I will change my tires to winter tires next week but will move the sensors from summer rims to winter rims. I will let everybody know how that works.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts