Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having new tires put on (who knew that would take a month?). I decided to go back with the Goodyear F1 Supercar tires.

I don't have a Fisker dealer nearby (or anything close to it), so the GM dealership is the one doing the job. They've never worked on a Fisker, but they do Corvettes and Cadillacs, so I figured they can do the job. They also have the ability to work on wheels up to 30", so they have the equipment.

The manager called, though, and said that it looks like they need to be aligned. I explained that the tires are designed to melt, but he said that the wear was obviously greater on the inside of the front tires than the outside.

Since they have no experience with the car, I don't know if what they're seeing is normal for a Fisker, or do they really need to align it? I'm nervous that they're going to do more damage than good.

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
The wheel alignment specs are located in the owners manual just because its a Fisker they still can check the wheel alignment. Usually the Caster is out of spec on the right side which they can adjust if needed

·
Registered
859 Posts
Harleyguy is right. Wheel alignment is pretty straight forward in a Karma. Just make sure the service center you use has state-of-the-art alignment equipment, such as Hunter. I recently had an alignment done with older equipment, and the car drifted to the right. So I went to a shop with the Hunter setup and they found that the alignment from the other shop was way off. Now the car tracks perfectly and I seem to be getting a little extra range on the battery.

·
Deep Ocean in ATL
436 Posts
I had my tires installed and the Karma aligned at my local tire store. They had no problem getting the spec's or aligning the Karma. They always show the before and after and the spec print out from the Alignment Computer. The dealer has all the latest equipment and even aligns my Audi's and sets the electronics to the "0" position for the traction control system.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did end up opting for the alignment. He said that the front was bowed out a little, and the rear were bowed IN a little, so it definitely needed it. I can't tell a difference in how it drives, but I guess it was $80 well spent if it makes the tires last longer :-/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts