Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been an avid reader (but not participant) in the Forum since I got my Fisker about a year ago. My, but a lot has changed! We've gone from excitedly optimistic to concerned to pessimistic to now observing the dealers closing one by one, and wondering what's going to happen next. Seems like a bad situation that's only going to get worse, and we are all probably regretting our decision to jump in.

Only one little problem with the above analysis...I love the car! Mine has been problem free since I got the last software upgrade last summer, its a joy to drive, and suits my needs perfectly. If I lived in isolation and ignorance (i.e., no internet), I would be perfectly happy with my car.

So, looking forward, I could see a situation where we Fisker owners are going to be on our own as far as servicing and maintenance. Maybe this is where the Buzz can help. I am not really a car guy, and have never been involved with maintaining a car that is no longer in business, but there must be some of you who have that experience. I am in the Bay Area and my dealer is still around (I think...), so I'm ok for now. But for those who are not, any advice as to how we should go about caring for our cars once (and IF) the company is out of the picture?

·
EX:Shadow/Canyon #324
1,217 Posts
Just hang tight for now. All of the recent public info indicates that Fisker should be announcing a strategic partner/investor soon.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Seems like [...] we are all probably regretting our decision to jump in.
Sorry. I won't share this observation. To me, it looks more like everybody is exited about the upcoming announcements... and they will come sooner or later...

Stefan
German Karma Forum
www.karma-forum.de

·
Registered
479 Posts
Just hang tight for now. All of the recent public info indicates that Fisker should be announcing a strategic partner/investor soon.
Agreed. They have 3 suitors at the moment. One may not like the eventual winner but the alternative is much worse.

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
If people are having doubts or worry about unserviceable cars, I''ll gladly take your Karma off your hands at a price (prefer Deep Ocean, Shadow or Laguna). PM me=)

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
In June 2011 I happened to go to a very large Auto show in Shenzhen China. I thought you might like to see pictures of what I saw at the Geely exhibit.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You guys are right...its probably a little early to deal with that problem (although it sounds like some folks are already being left high and dry by their dealers). Let's hope it never comes to be. But if we do end up in that situation, I'll be posing the question again!

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
No matter what happens, I'll still be around. If the worst should happen, feel free to PM me and we'll see about getting your vehicle serviced.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts