Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

I have browsed the forum for a couple of days now and I am thankful for the wealth of knowledge that you guys have contributed. That being said, I still have a couple of questions. I am looking to add a Karma to my garage as a fun flashy gas saving vehicle. I am located in San Antonio TX.

1. Is there anyone here in San Antonio that works on the karmas? or is Frank Kent in Dallas my closet option?
2. I am looking at used Karmas on Ebay and Autotrader, from the reading I have done, the later(larger) the VIN the better off you could be. There is a sweet matt black Karma on Ebay with about 20k miles, but it has a VIN in the 200s. Should I stay away and look for something over 1000?
3. With Fisker being bought out, is the only warranty option available the 2000.00 for existing owners?
4. Is there a place to check via the VIN if recalls were preformed?
5. Is there anyone in San Antonio that owns one? I would love to meet you for coffee and check it out, I have never seen one in real life.

I look forward to learning more about the Karmas and possibly owning one soon!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yo-

I am in CT and bought my Karma about 3 months ago from a dealer in PA. Like you, I did my research and went through the pain staking process. The first thing I can tell you is get in touch with Lormax on this site. He may already have info on the car you are looking at as he has done a lot of work on a lot of Karmas all over the country. He is a wealth of knowledge and will come out there to do a prepurchase inspection which I would highly recommend. My car had a very low VIN as well but the dealer had records that a lot of the "issues" and recalls had been repaired already like the muffler and the issues with water leaking in the CIU, etc. See if the person you are buying from has any paperwork on what work has been done to the car, they should have some records. The warranty issue is up in the air right now - no one knows what is going to happen unfortunately. Time will tell on that one.
I can assure you that if you find the right Karma - you will not be disappointed. It is an amazing car to drive! Good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input and advice guys. I am still looking for one I really like and then I will get with Lomax like you recommend.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts